Thread: Sling swivels that work with DD Omega rail (besides DD ones)

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Sling swivels that work with DD Omega rail (besides DD ones)

I have a spare Noveske QD swivel, but it doesn't lock up into the connection points on my DD Omega rail. It seems as if the holes are too deep for the snaps to catch.

Anyone know of other manufacturers' swivels (Vltor, Rainier Arms, etc.) that will work/lock up properly?

I'm trying to source one locally instead of ordering one through DD and having to wait.

Thanks!
    Last edited by krisjon; 12-29-11 at 18:59.
    Life is full of choices. I choose Noveske.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've been running the Midwest Industries 1-1/4" Heavy Duty QD Swivel, pretty sure they're like 12 bucks through skdtac. They work really well with DD rails.
    -tpdavis

I can picture in my mind a world without war, a world without hate and I picture us invading that world because they would never expect it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up on MI swivels. I forgot about them and one of my local tac shops has a ton of MI rails and stuff - might be a good option.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I use VLTOR swivels with my Omegas.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimT View Post
    I use VLTOR swivels with my Omegas.
    Just the info I was looking for. The tac shop I mentioned previously has Vltors in stock. DONE!

Thanks, Jim!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    By way of context; my company builds camera straps. Our previous product used custom built stainless steel push buttons to connect the camera to the strap . We evaluated everything on the market and sold thousands of them.

I've been told that VLTOR is no longer manufacturing push buttons. From our evaluations, that makes a lot of sense; we bought 50 and 5 of them were a no-go - a 10% reject rate is simply way too high. I can't find a listing for Push Buttons on their website and the ones they have pictured on their stocks look dead to nuts like a GrovTec heavy duty pushbutton with the blued finish.

Uncle Mike's swivels are absolute junk. The last set I saw (about 4-5 months ago) was actually powder coated. It was utter crap.

The only game in town for quality swivels is GrovTec (http://www.grovtec.com/). The company was founded by some former UncleMike's employees when Bushnell bought them out and moved manufacturing to China. They built us thousands of stainless steel push buttons and we tested all of them in the production process - we never rejected one. Grov also offers a variety of styles (small, heavy duty, recessed, locking, black oxide, phosphate finish, 1" or 1.25"). All the quality guys who sell their own sling swivels; they are all built by Grov. Excellent product.

As to the OP's issue with the Noveske - Push buttons and their matching female sockets are *extremely* tight tolerance parts. I have a sneaking suspicion that your Noveske end plate might be ever so slightly out of spec. I might contact them; I am positive they will take excellent care of you.
    Last edited by GKoenig; 12-30-11 at 00:33.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I use some generic ones I picked up at the gun show....they are most likely Uncle Mikes.
    Democracy is two wolves and a sheep discussing lunch, Liberty is a well armed sheep contesting the vote.