Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Palmetto State Armory Lower Receiver as a SBR host

Feedback Score

Palmetto State Armory Lower Receiver as a SBR host

Just wondering if people here would consider Palmetto State Armory's lower receiver as a good SBR host? I wanted to take advantage of the sale they currently have going on. Thanks

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I would use one, but only after building it complete and running several hundred if not 1k rounds through it.

ETA: I don't mean to say that the PSA lowers are questionable, I would test any lower before SBR'ing it.
    Last edited by Eric D.; 12-27-11 at 17:28.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
    I would use one, but only after building it complete and running several hundred if not 1k rounds through it.
    Considering I'm planning a piecemeal build (due soon to the arrival of my first child) that's fine for me since it would work well with a plan to do the build over a couple of months.

ETA: I don't mean to say that the PSA lowers are questionable, I would test any lower before SBR'ing it.
    No, that's fine. I only ask because of one of the steps in the how to do an SBR sticky. Honestly I'm going to most likely have a ton of questions. As I've never done an AR build. but I'm first going over the basic info threads so I don't do the dreaded ask a question answered 500 times before and that there was a thread about a week ago. lol

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I'm with Eric D regarding testing of any lower.

But...with BCM Lowers for sale from G&R Tactical at ~300$ delivered, I see no reason to build rifles from stripped lowers anymore.

I mean, sure you can spread the costs out. But its such a low price and such high quality (especially for something you'll be mated to forever) it'd be hard to pass up for an SBR build. You do not want to skimp on anything on something you'll be married to forever.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I have seen this question come up several times and I relate it to someone building a house asking if they could get away with a 2-1/2" slab under their house versus spending more money for a standard 4" slab.

I have read several times about guys buying "inexpensive" (cheap) lowers only to find out after the gone through the paper work... it is out of spec or loose or the finish is coming off or blah...blah...

Personally to save money, I would put a Hasbro LPK in a LMT, BCM, Noveske, DD, etc. lower before I tried to save a nickel on an irreplaceable part.

But maybe it's just me...

Last edited by ucrt; 12-27-11 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The PSA lowers are made by Aero Precision(if I remember correctly) which have been recommended by several people on here as GTG including Grant. I am planning to SBR an Aero Precision lower so I see no issues with SBR'ing a PSA lower. I also used a PSA LPK. Built two lowers with them, ive put just about 1000 rounds through each and they have been GTG.

Feedback Score
    You know I've been giving it thought. I think I might just bypass a build and save up for a Colt 6920. I mean it's essentially what I would be trying to build anyway, and I would think it's right up there for a great potential SBR host.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    You wouldnt be asking if you knew it was okay.

Building an SBR is not cheap.

Save an extra 100 bucks and get a decent lower.

Youre gonna be married to this thing for a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    As stated before, you're wedding yourself to it via the $200 tax stamp. Do you wanna marry the cheap floozie from the bar, or the nice girl your mother introduced you to at church?

Feedback Score
    No problem in going with the PSA lower.

There's nothing this $50 forged lower won't do, that a more expensive forged lower with a different roll-mark will do. As has already been said, top it off and put some rounds through it before SBR'ing it, but that goes for any lower, regardless of brand.

Curious of the reasoning behind the "get a better lower" suggestions. We're talking about forged lowers here. If they're in spec and run, there's no difference.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast