Thread: For my .300 Blk Out, can question

Feedback Score

For my .300 Blk Out, can question

Whats the smallest and lightest .30 cal can that threads on without the use of a muzzle device or a locking device?

I want a .30 cal can for my Blk Out that will slide down inside my 12 inch hand guard on to my 9 inch barrel, but I dont want to use a muzzle device because it will be down inside the guard and removing it will be impossible without pulling the upper apart.

I have a .30 cal Elite Iron Bravo1 that threads very nicely onto a muzzle brake but again, I dont want a muzzle device.

I like the longer rail for more attachment points and it suits my reaction hand grip better but I want the barrel as short as possible to keep ultimate overall length with suppressor as short as possible. So recessing the can down into the hand guard is my best option.

Any suggestions?

I was thinking AAC Cyclone K but I was wondering if there was anything even shorter as it will only be used on the .300 Blk Out as a dedicated can. I dont need the volume of a .308 can, just the hole size.
    Last edited by MovinMan; 12-29-11 at 08:00.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The market is in big need of this, for me I would only run the 300 with a can, so a QD system makes no sense other than for cleaning. I would love to see a SF mini/ AAC mini-4 sized 30. cal size can, both in QD and screw on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The AAC 762-SDN-6 should be shorter than the Cyclone as is the Gemtech Sandstorm.

I can see the purpose behind having a thread on can, but they heat up pretty quick. Having it under your handguard will be uncomfortable if you are shooting a lot.

AAC is suposed to be releasing several new product at SHOT. Perhaps they are building something for this purpose.

Feedback Score
    Innovative arms just came out with a new .30 cal can. It's called the Deception and measures just over 7.5" long. It's the one I'm planning on getting and also the shortest one I've heard of.

Feedback Score
    Right now I think the Cyclone K would be the best choice. SHOT may give us something new. I herd a rumor that Silencer Co is coming out with a .300 BLK specific can. Also, something to consider with the can in the hand guard. It is going to get HOT...

Jk