Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: LMT MRP Semi-custom Builds.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ugh...22 weeks, our pics must be killing you. Fine time to want to build a rifle X2 during an election year, eh?

Hey, jtdam, do you have to start wearing a glove on your support hand due to the heat build up after about 3 mags? How does the tango-down short grip work, say, compared to the AFG? (Keeping an open mind, but my wallet close).

Noveske Gen2+ LMT MRP= Winning.

BTW: I have the MIAD grip on mine, with two oh-shit 5.56 rounds in the grip.
    Last edited by Mauser KAR98K; 08-04-12 at 00:51.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

SPORTS are for Kids!...click*

Feedback Score
    Mike I hear ya! The wait can be horrible but when all is said and done your gonna have 2 FANTASTIC rifles that'll be well worth that wait!!

Feedback Score
    Mauser the heat really isn't that bad believe it or not. I run the short Larue vfg but I run it like an AFG with hand positioning. I think I've just grown accustomed to it

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeCLeonard View Post
    .....I plan on making twins of this rifle as it will be my training gun and I really want an identical back-up.....
    That's a good idea. You take the greatest rifle made and shoot the hell out of it and it will break. If you want a rifle that will not break at the worst time and one to shoot the heck out of, you have to have two rilfes. I have several shooters and one "in reserve" though not identical they are close enough. I'd add a 22 LR Spikes Tactical barrel in an MRP upper. One of these. I've got one and I shoot the shit out of it.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 08-04-12 at 14:01.

Feedback Score
    Any update on those beauties?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jtdam24 View Post
    Any update on those beauties?
    Well, I've received everything I need to complete the lower receivers, but I'm out of town and won't be back until next week to put them together...and I can't wait to try out those Geissele triggers!

The MRP top ends unfortunately are going to be some time coming due to their backorder at LMT. I'll shoot some pics of the completed lowers once I put them together next week...then there will be some crickets chirping in my thread here while I wait for the SBR paperwork to be approved on the lowers, and for my uppers to arrive.

These builds have required a lot of patience...but I'm finding myself very tempted to pick up a basic Colt to play with in the meantime. I can't stand this "not having an AR to play with" thing
    Last edited by MikeCLeonard; 08-06-12 at 23:21.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    where did you get the lmt bcg with the colt bolt?

Feedback Score
    this "not having an AR to play with" thing
    Blasphemous!!!

You'll never want a different trigger once you use the SD3G

Feedback Score
    18 (91%)
    really want to see finished pics
    rcsperformanceonline.com

Feedback Score
    Well, with Trident's awesome pictures and reports of his LMT MRP's and MWS constantly reminding me how much I miss the LMT's I used to have, I decided to dump my Hk 416 and jump into the MRP/MWS platform once again. Later down the road, I think I'll take a similar approach to the MWS 308, also using the AXTS ambi-lower, but using a good variable power scope for ranges of 100-600 yards. I'm planning on starting off with two twin short-barrel CQB MRP's with the following purpose/goals in mind:

Purpose of Rifle: Home-Defense & Carbine class training rifle built with parts to achieve the following goals:
    1. Reliability/Durability: Under suppressed and unsuppressed use with a range of ammo.
    2. Versatility: To allow weak-side & strong-side use, as well as inside & outside use from 0 - 100 yards
    3. Complete User-Serviceability: To allow the ability to replace, inspect, and maintain every part of the rifle myself.
    4. Control-ability: A low and smooth recoil impulse under suppressed & unsuppressed use allowing ease of keeping sight-on-target during firing, and quick target transitions.

Parts - Upper:
    - Receiver = CQB length MRP
    - Barrel = 14.5" cut back to 11.5" while retaining original gas-port diameter - Either fluted or dimpled to save a little bit of weight...MRP's are kinda piggy. - BCG = LMT enhanced carrier with Colt bolt - BUIS = Troy Battle-sights
    - Charging Handle = AXTS/Rainier Raptor Ambi.
    - Optic = Aimpoint T1 on Larue QD absolute co-wit mount/ Aimpoint magnifier
    - Light = Surefire Mini-Scout in Gear Sector Offset mount at 11:00
    - Muzzle Device = AAC blackout/M4-2000

Parts - Lower:
    - Receiver = AXTS AX556 w/ BAD-CASS Short throw Ambi-Safety
    - Buffer System = Vltor A5
    - FCG = Geissele SD3G
    - Stock = Magpul CTR
    - Grip = BCM Gunfighter
    - Sling = Magpul MS3 w/Noveske QD end-plate.

So there it is. I plan on making twins of this rifle as it will be my training gun and I really want an identical back-up. Feel free to make suggestions or tell me if anything here looks stupid. I realize that goofing with non-standard gas-porting has potential to cause issues, especially with lower-powered ammo...but if I can't achieve a cleaner running, soft shooting rifle without sacrificing reliability, I'll just have the gas-ports opened up to the standard for 11.5" barrels.
    You're doing it right.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast