Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New BCM 14.5 Lightweight Build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by yugotprblms View Post
    What do you mean? Maybe I am just tired, but I don't understand that statement. My 16" barrel with an A2 hider is about 17" total. A 14.5" barrel needs to be permed to just over 16", right? So there should be about an inch of difference in total length.
    sounds exactly right to me.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    I like the star next to BCM is that a new thing or only on certain models?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    I like the star next to BCM is that a new thing or only on certain models?
    Fairly new I think. I got a upper back in August with no star. This upper has the star as well as the shipping box. It must be part of the logo now.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    I have the same BCM upper on my light weight rifle and I love it! (I also am running the FDE look w/DD lower parts )

Out of curiosity, what optic and light are you planning on putting on there? If you don't want to put the light on your MOE handguard I would take a look at the MI rail section that locks onto the front sight post. I'm using on my LW rifle and really like it.

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MIMCTAR-01.aspx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by big b View Post
    I have the same BCM upper on my light weight rifle and I love it! (I also am running the FDE look w/DD lower parts )

Out of curiosity, what optic and light are you planning on putting on there? If you don't want to put the light on your MOE handguard I would take a look at the MI rail section that locks onto the front sight post. I'm using on my LW rifle and really like it.

http://dsgarms.com/ProductInfo/MIMCTAR-01.aspx
    Aimpoint H1 in a DD mount.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    I got around to weighing it this afternoon. It was right at 6lbs, 3.6 ounces. It would be hard to get much lighter that that. Maybe without the magpul furniture it could go lower, but only by a few ounces maybe.
    Troy TRX rail, CAR stock and DD front sight would get you a little under 6lbs. An A3 9mm upper with plastic port cover drops another 2-3 ounces. Even withought all that you will probably be able to keep the gun w/light + optic under 7.3lbs. Most AKM's and '74 start at that weight.

I think It's nice to see a middy without a FF tube.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Nice build.I still haven't talked myself into buying one of these lightweights.

Feedback Score
    I have almost the same build. Very light and reliable. The only major difference is that I am using an A1 rifle stock. Compared to my mid-length 16 inch or my 16 inch carbine, the 14.5 inch mid-length shoots much softer. Since the length of the A1 is just about perfect for me, I do not plan to return to either the Moe stock or the Vltor I tried. Try it, I believe you will like it.
    Also, this configuration shoots everything I have tried. Wolf, Radway, all mil surplus run perfectly.
    I have also tried DD's fixed rear sight, Troy and MBUS. I like the MBUS best. I also mounted an H1. I tried both the DD mount and American Defense mount. Both are very good, but I chose the AD because it can be removed quickly.

Feedback Score
    I bought the 16in light weight carbine and they are dealt nice. Coming from a ddm4xv. Mine has the star as well. And ive figured since colt doesn't use hammer forged barrels for millitary guns then I shouldn't need one. Really hard to beat for a 400.00 dollar upper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12