Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How Long would your Current Stores Last?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

How Long would your Current Stores Last?

Many here plan for the day that civil disorder or riots occur that may possibly disrupt the supply of food and the possible loss of electric and water service.

Now certain events may give some type of short term warning before the event goes full tilt were we have a little time to add what we can to are prep's.

Then there are the events that may come without warning suddenly forcing you to rely on the stores you have in your home with no chance of resupply.

Now the meaning of this thread is not to embarrass anyone but for every one to make a honest assessment/estimate on "How Long would your current Stores Last" food and water wise should a sudden event force you to live off want you have today.
    Last edited by PA PATRIOT; 01-03-12 at 22:43.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    66 (100%)
    About a week, due to not enough H2O. Space is limited in our 1200 sq. ft. Home, but I'm planning on getting several cases of bottled water. I really need to save up for a hand pump for our well. A generator to run the well pump would be nice, but without resupply of fuel, I would rather have the manual pump option.
    Last edited by NoveskeFan; 01-03-12 at 22:20.
    "To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms..."
    - Richard Henry Lee, 1788

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    How Long would your Current Stores Last?

That is a state secret.
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Feedback Score
    Food: two months if we have to feed extended family in the AO. Maybe 6 months otherwise.
    Water: Big Berkey and a couple of Katadyn Pockets with access to water year round.
    Other stuff like tp, meds, etc. we might have a couple weeks worth.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Red face

With a family of six - especially special needs children - 3 mos. is about all we can pack even our BIG house with - INCLUDING water.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Not long enough. I have 2 small kids, one with allergies which makes it a little more difficult. I need to do more for sure. Katadyn water filter is next on the list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finger Lakes region of Upstate NY. Fresh water everywhere. I'm getting a Katadyn pocket in the next few months. Until then, panty ho filter and boiling is the game.

Food wise, about 2 months. I'm working on adding more Freeze dried veg, soup stock cubes, and pasta

Feedback Score
    Honestly only a week or two right now. I just started not long ago and have to buy everything in order to prepare. That includes a AR, ammo, water, food, meds & other medical supplies

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I have stores to cover three meals a day for four months which works out to 1440 meals.

If the event appeared to be of extend duration the food in take could be reduced to two meals a day for six months which works out to the same 1440 meals.

I'M will be purchasing additional freeze dried/Canned stores to push my three per day out to six months and the two per day to nine months once the 2011 tax refunds are available.

Water wise if each person could be limited to two quarts of drinking water per day we could make it six months on 360 gallons stored plus another 50 gallons of water from the hot water heater.

Addition water could be collected any time it rained from 55 gallon catch drums placed under the roof drain spouts.

Plus one could store additional water as long as your sure the source is not badly contaminated.

Its a work in progress but six months is very doable if a event occurred today.
    We are all inclined to judge ourselves by our ideals; others, by their acts.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Man, I am a disaster. I might be able to make a week but it wouldn't be fun and there is really no excuse for it being that way.

I have been under the false assumption that my "supply" was supposed to be mobile. As in pack it out quick and roll.

Speaking of affordable but robust water purifier. Any suggestions?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast