Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: soft armor plate carrier questions

Feedback Score

soft armor plate carrier questions

Ok guys I want to start off by saying I am a civie who is just an avid shooter and wants gear for shtf. I recently accuired a GI acu plate carrier with ESAPI plates and backers. However the pc does not have any molle webbing and the acu doesnt match the rest of my mc gear. What my question is this setup the soft armor backers are not just the size of the plates, they wrap around the torso area. Are there any good plate carriers offered in multicam that will fit these soft armor backers. I wanted a PIG or LBT but I cant see that the cumberbund will work properly with these. All help is greatly appreciated.

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by byerly26 View Post
    Ok guys I want to start off by saying I am a civie who is just an avid shooter and wants gear for shtf. I recently accuired a GI acu plate carrier with ESAPI plates and backers. However the pc does not have any molle webbing and the acu doesnt match the rest of my mc gear. What my question is this setup the soft armor backers are not just the size of the plates, they wrap around the torso area. Are there any good plate carriers offered in multicam that will fit these soft armor backers. I wanted a PIG or LBT but I cant see that the cumberbund will work properly with these. All help is greatly appreciated.
    Look on the tag and see what kind of cut armor it is like spears or balcs etc..

Feedback Score
    Im not an expert but it looks like concealable soft armor. I do not see anything specific on the tag with what kind. It is made by Simula Aerospace and defense which from what I have gathered is now BAE. The name of the backers is air warrior flexible body armor ballistic insert back. Thanks

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Im not an expert but it looks like concealable soft armor. I do not see anything specific on the tag with what kind. It is made by Simula Aerospace and defense which from what I have gathered is now BAE. The name of the backers is air warrior flexible body armor ballistic insert back. Thanks
    Take some pictures of you can and I can try and help identify a possible carrier that will work.

Feedback Score
    Sorry for the delay, again all help is appreciated
    Attachment 11249

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Sorry for the delay, again all help is appreciated
    Attachment 11249
    Do you have a pic of the other side? They look like spears/balcs. If I saw the other half I would know for sure. But like I said looks like spears/balcs. Quite a few armor carriers use that style soft armor.

Quick list;
    http://www.skdtac.com/BAE-RBAV-SF-p/3sk.199.htm
    http://www.skdtac.com/BAE-RBAV-AF-p/bae.510.htm
    http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle-CIRAS-Ma...-p/eag.590.htm
    http://www.skdtac.com/Eagle-CIRAS-La...-p/eag.550.htm
    http://www.tacticalassaultgearstore....eleasable.aspx

Choose which you like most. My recommendations are the tag rampage releasable or one of the eagle ciras's.
    Last edited by Endur; 02-18-12 at 00:15.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the help the eagle would deff be a good one I hear alot of good things about the eagle carriers. Do you have any experience with first spear? The seige carrier looks like it might work as well

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)

Question

Thanks for the help the eagle would deff be a good one I hear alot of good things about the eagle carriers. Do you have any experience with first spear? The seige carrier looks like it might work as well
    Any carriers that say they accept spears/balcs you should be good. Read the details on them so you don't end up with a carrer that is meant as a plate carrier that only accepts backers and plates and not an armor carrier.

Edit: I havn't owned first spear but they make quality stuff.
    Last edited by Endur; 02-18-12 at 01:25.

Feedback Score
    Will the velocity systems operator assault vest work?

Feedback Score
    27 (100%)
    Will the velocity systems operator assault vest work?
    I don't know that vest but if it says it takes spears/balcs then you are fine. Just make sure you match sizes.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast