Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: FN SPR A3G

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    QShooter,

Ive eyeballed those guns more than once. They look to be a great value for the dollar and very impressive in all counts. I would love to shoot one. One of those could well be my next 308 one day.

Very good to see a positive write. My Remmy has been a half inch gun and is good to go. But I love the stock on that gun, and the look and feel.

Congrats

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Oh, and the barrel gets smoother and cleans faster after you get some rounds on it........ They are a solid gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sigh.

I was getting MOA or slightly better at 200 with Fed 175gr GMM, so I started working up a load. I got one with the 175SMK that shoots in the .3s, but it's too long to fit in the magazine.

Back to the drawing board.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Great rifles, especially for the cash. I have always favored the old Winchester action vs the Remmy because of my time behind a Model 70 growing up.

I have a 20" TSR XP that I plan on restocking at some point down the road. Even in the shit Hogue stock it shoots 3/4 all day long with 175gr GMM and thats with me behind the trigger which is saying a lot If I had it to do all over again I would have just bought the SPR and called it done. What le

Congrats on a great rifle and I'll be looking forward to reading your follow up AAR's on it.

Feedback Score
    great write up, and awesome rifle. never owned a remington or savage, but my 1st bolt gun in .308 is the FN tsr xp 24"

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    One would think that it would be a great shooter despite, in spite and to spite the addition of hard chrome to the rugged cold hammer forged barrel. Not sure how they compare [accuracy-wise] to, say, a Steyr SSG, AI or TRG. [I've always liked FN Products and the SPR A3G is one of my favorite rifles, period]

I think a custom rifle COULD be more accurate but they'd cost more, too.
    Last edited by Mjolnir; 01-12-12 at 20:42.
    "One cannot awaken a man who pretends to be asleep..."

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I got it licked. I'm just changing the bottom metal to use AI magazines, and they'll take my overlength round. So it's a 0.300" shooter, and I'll have 10 rounds on tap to boot.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Im really glad your so happy with your FN. When are you going to add pics to this thread?
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Im really glad your so happy with your FN. When are you going to add pics to this thread?
    Soon as I get it back from CDI...which hopefully will be no more than a week or two. Then it'll be ready to paint, too.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    With regard to your Remmy problems... We have a gunsmith who will guage a gun and find any problems with it.... then he'll write a letter on his letterhead for you do include when you send your gun back.

He often gets guys with bad rifles complete new guns.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast