Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bushmaster 308 MOE Mid-length

Feedback Score

Bushmaster 308 MOE Mid-length

I'm thinking about picking one of these up. 4140 CMV barrel with chrome lined barrel and chamber and 7075 upper and lower. Seems like a nice gun for the money ($1,150.00)

Any impressions from those who own or have shot one?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    You won't find too many Bushmaster fans here, but if you click on the orange search button at the top of the page, you'll find a couple threads on the BM MOE .308. It would also be helpful, for those wanting to assist you with your question, to know what the intended purpose of your rifle will be.

Feedback Score
    If people have favorable/unfavorable impressions that they can articulate about this specific rifle, for any reason, I'd really like to hear it. I did do a search but am interested in learning more and I assume more people have had an opportunity to acquire or use these guns since previous discussions.

I don't really have a purpose for the gun. Just want one for the sake of having it. I already have plinking, hunting and SHTF guns. But if anyone's impressions are related to a specific purpose for employment, I'd like to hear that too.

Thanks.
    Last edited by Mavis; 01-05-12 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    I'm thinking about picking one of these up. 4140 CMV barrel with chrome lined barrel and chamber and 7075 upper and lower. Seems like a nice gun for the money ($1,150.00)

Any impressions from those who own or have shot one?
    IIRC the bushys use a chf 4150 barrel.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Basically you would be buying a DPMS LR-308 re-branded with some different features that are not available from DPMS. DPMS and Bushmaster are owned by the same holding company. The Bushmaster online catalog is a little different than it was last year!
    I purchased a .308 ORC last year and it listed the barrel as 4150 CMV. Now it only says premium barrel with chrome bore and chamber.

I would call Bushmaster to verify the barrel steel before buying one now?

The .308 upper and lower receivers are manufactured by DPMS and are made of extruded 6066-T6 for the upper and billet 6061-T6 for the lower. Only their .223/5.56 uppers and lowers are 7075. Hope this info helps with your decision.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    I called Bushmaster yesterday and they said the barrel on the 308 MOE Mid-length is 4150 CMV.

They also told me that the upper and lower aluminum composition are both 7075. (I don't recall who I spoke with.) I told someone who didn't believe me so they called today, spoke to Elijah there and were told that the barrel is 4150 CMV but that the upper and lower aluminum composition is "proprietary information" and can not be disclosed.
    Last edited by Mavis; 01-06-12 at 20:36.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavis View Post
    .... Just want one for the sake of having it. I already have plinking, hunting and SHTF guns. ...
    ====================

Just wondering, what kind of SHTF guns do you own?

Feedback Score
    I have two 6920's.
    Last edited by Mavis; 01-07-12 at 01:04.

Feedback Score
    I will repeat myself!!!!!!!!

All of the Bushmaster .308 uppers are 6066-T6 extruded and the lowers are 6061-T6 Billet and both are manufactured by DPMS.
    Billy

US Army Retired, NRA Life member, M/C mechanic, Gunsmith

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bushytale View Post
    ....DPMS and Bushmaster are owned by the same holding company......
    And of course the taint crosses corporate lines and even extends to Dakota Arms, also owned by the same holding company. Dakota, they are the folks who make those $5K garbage bolt action rifles. They are garbage because they are owned by the same holding company that owns DPMS.

$1150 is pretty decent money for a 7.62 even if it don't come with bragging rights. Regarding the alloys of the barrel, upper and lower, you will never notice the difference between one and another.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 01-07-12 at 07:26.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast