Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on new build

Feedback Score

Feedback on new build

Wanted to get some feedback on my impending build, I wanted an accurate home defense, tactical trainer that would be ultra reliable to match with my Sig P226 Navy.

I've already got parts for the lower on the way:

Lower receiver - LaRue Tactical Stealth Billet Lower
    Parts kit - Daniel Defense
    Fire Control Group - Geissle SSA-E and BAD-ASS with a Norgon Ambi Catch (I'm left handed).
    LaRue Tactical Mil Spec Receiver Extension Kit
    Magpul ACS - Mil Spec (not ordered yet)
    Magpul ASAP - Ambi sling attachment point
    Magpul MIAD grip
    Magpul PMAGs
    Magpul MS3 - Multi mission sling system (not ordered yet)

For the upper the plan is as following (none ordered yet):
    LaRue Tactical Billet Upper with M4 Feedramps
    Noveske N4 Light 5.56mm Barrel - 14.5 FSB
    Noveske 5.56 BCG
    LaRue Tactical 9.0 Handguard
    LaRue Index Clips
    Surefire compensator
    BCM Gunfighter Charging Handle
    Troy - Di-Optic - Rear Folding Battle Sight w/ Tritum
    LaRue Tactical FUG - Foregrip
    Trijicon Tritum FSB insert

Any thoughts or places for improvement?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    As for the upper I don't believe you can buy a N4 barrel separate anymore.
    I would just buy a Noveske upper in the configuration you prefer.
    As for the trijicon insert Id recommend against it. Iv only seen one, but the tritum portion was slightly lower than the tip of the post. That would throw me off making it more of a cut than a bandaid.
    As for the rail I think I like the centurion rails for lock up and weight. But thats biased because I don't visually like the larue even though its a good product.
    Last edited by Jaysop; 01-04-12 at 11:47.

Feedback Score
    I have a MIAD on my RRA, and it's ok, but on my newest Noveske, I'm really digging the magpul MOE+ rubberized grip I went with. I have smallish hands and the MOE is already sized the way I had my MIAD setup with. It's worth a look if you have a shop near you with one.

Also the BCG... this might sound funny as I run a Noveske BCG that came with my upper, but if you're purchasing separately, I'd purchase a BCG that has been confirmed to have been properly HP tested like a BCM or DD. I don't forsee any issues, but if you're piecing it all together...

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by keeganxt View Post
    Also the BCG... this might sound funny as I run a Noveske BCG that came with my upper, but if you're purchasing separately, I'd purchase a BCG that has been confirmed to have been properly HP tested like a BCM or DD. I don't forsee any issues, but if you're piecing it all together...
    I don't believe Noveske would sell subpar products FWIW.
    But yea I wouldn't go out of my way to get a Novekse supplied BCG when BCM and DD can easily be had.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Setup looks good. You will run into some issues with your barrel selection though.

You will want an optic at some point and a weaponlight.

I would also look at some other rail options (personally).

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Setup looks good. You will run into some issues with your barrel selection though.
    What issues may I run into, just asking...I've found the barrel at Rainer Arms: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2287

Now I haven't called them yet about availability, my other choice was the Centurion Arms 14.5 midlength.

You will want an optic at some point and a weaponlight.
    As for optic, I am torn right now between the Aimpoint Micro T-1 or Aimpoint Pro with a Aimpoint 3XMag or possible option two being the EOTech MPOIII setup.

As for weapon light I am currently looking at the SureFire Mini Scout

I would also look at some other rail options (personally).

C4
    I'm not 100% set on the rail options but from past experience I like LaRue products, probably doesn't help me much that I am from Texas. Any others you would recommend...I'd like to stay lightweight.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    I don't believe Noveske would sell subpar products FWIW.
    But yea I wouldn't go out of my way to get a Novekse supplied BCG when BCM and DD can easily be had.
    The Noveske and BCM were the two I was looking at, figured with the Noveske barrel a Noveske BCG wouldn't be a bad choice.

Feedback Score
    I have a MIAD on my RRA, and it's ok, but on my newest Noveske, I'm really digging the magpul MOE+ rubberized grip I went with. I have smallish hands and the MOE is already sized the way I had my MIAD setup with. It's worth a look if you have a shop near you with one.
    I went with the MIAD due to a buddy having one and I've liked it thus far, but I'm not opposed to switching eventually as opinions change sometimes once you use it all the time.

As I stated just above, the Noveske and BCM were the two I was mulling over.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Are you pinning the compensator to the 14.5" barrel or is this a registered SBR?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m249saw View Post
    Are you pinning the compensator to the 14.5" barrel or is this a registered SBR?
    I'll be pinning, part of the reason for the Surefire as I may want a can in the future, you never know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast