Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Feedback on new build

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Check out the centurion arms C4 Midlength cut out rail. I just got one in for my current build and it is a very awesome, light, well built rail. It adds extra rail space around the FSB, but without adding way too much like the DD 12.0 FSPM. Also, it only weighs 12.4 ounces total, not including the barrel nut.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    What issues may I run into, just asking...I've found the barrel at Rainer Arms: http://www.rainierarms.com/?page=sho...roduct_id=2287

Now I haven't called them yet about availability, my other choice was the Centurion Arms 14.5 midlength.
    It used to be that you cannot buy N4 Light barrels from Noveske. Guess that has now changes. So I am assuming that I can sell all the N4 barrels I have been hoarding all these years.

As for optic, I am torn right now between the Aimpoint Micro T-1 or Aimpoint Pro with a Aimpoint 3XMag or possible option two being the EOTech MPOIII setup.

As for weapon light I am currently looking at the SureFire Mini Scout.
    All good choice. The PRO is hard to beat, but the Micro is my first choice.

C4

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    If you arent going to use NV save the $ and get the H1. Since your second choice is the PRO Im guessing not.

Grant, Rainier is the only site Ive seen the N4 barrels separate.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Pinning that surefire comp/mount may void the warranty on your suppressor, you want to check that out ahead of time if something like that is important to you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m249saw View Post
    If you arent going to use NV save the $ and get the H1. Since your second choice is the PRO Im guessing not.

Grant, Rainier is the only site Ive seen the N4 barrels separate.
    Good call. I'll have to look at the H1 a little more closely.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by spamsammich View Post
    Pinning that surefire comp/mount may void the warranty on your suppressor, you want to check that out ahead of time if something like that is important to you.
    I'm not 100% sure a suppressor is in my future, but I want to leave the option open. Don't really want to go through the hassle of registering a SBR though.

Speaking of compensators, what's everyone's thoughts on the BattleComp, I am seeing some really good things. Don't think they accept a suppressor though.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quite the High speed set up you have listed.

Are you an AR owner? I ask because the list you have reeks of NEWB lol.

I would recommend saving money on parts that arent neccessity and go for ammo or a class.

Dont even bother with a rear Tritium sight. They are a waste of money and you dont need it. I will say the same for the front tritium sight also. save that money and get a light instead.

Why a Geiselle trigger? Whats wrong with the plain old boring mil-spec trigger?

Why the ACS buttsock? Do you know that you dont like a normal stock? Such as the MOE? You can have a complete Buffer/stock/reciever extension for cheaper. It dont really look "Tacticool" but they work.

You could easily shave a few hundred dollars off by waiting on parts you dont need and still have a great shooter.

YMMV
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Would all the necessary components of that upper be cheaper to build than just buying an upper assembly from Noveske? Looks like you'd still get a lot of the features you'd want in one of theirs, plus you could get it with the switchblock if you do ever decide to get a suppressor.

I'm switching my MIAD out for the MOE+ as well. The medium backstrap (the smallest option with a beavertail) is too big for my hands, but the MOE is perfect. Although looks like you're already set there.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    Quite the High speed set up you have listed.

Are you an AR owner? I ask because the list you have reeks of NEWB lol.

I would recommend saving money on parts that arent neccessity and go for ammo or a class.

Dont even bother with a rear Tritium sight. They are a waste of money and you dont need it. I will say the same for the front tritium sight also. save that money and get a light instead.

Why a Geiselle trigger? Whats wrong with the plain old boring mil-spec trigger?

Why the ACS buttsock? Do you know that you dont like a normal stock? Such as the MOE? You can have a complete Buffer/stock/reciever extension for cheaper. It dont really look "Tacticool" but they work.

You could easily shave a few hundred dollars off by waiting on parts you dont need and still have a great shooter.

YMMV
    I'll be honest this is my first AR, however in going to the range I've handled and shot quite a few. I know theres a difference between that and owning one.

As for cost, the only thning I am really set on is the LaRue upper and Lower, the SSA-E and the Noveske barrel.

The LaRue parts are due to previous purchases\dealings with LaRue and being around a buddies PredatAR, same goes for the SSA-E (used it and am looking for something with simular feel for the P226). The Noveske barrel comes highly recommended as did the Centurion Arms and BMC (although I am leaning towards the Noveske\CA barrel) the Magpul MIAD grip has felt good every time I've handled it.

The BAD-ASS and Norgon Ambi Catch are mainly due to the fact I am left handed combined with the clean install\look of the peices, same goes for the Magpul ASAP.

Everything else is up for debate, the tritum inserts are because I absolutely love them on my P226, but not needed especially once a light is attached. I tend to like redundancy however as you never know when something will go down, but I have never used/seen them on an AR.

I am open for any critque on the Rail System, Foregrip, Stock (although I like the added functionality\storage of the ACS), Sling, Muzzle Device and Rear Sight/Tritum inserts.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Tritium sights that are 20" away from your face are alot different than a tritium sight 3" away from your eye.

Its your money man. Im just offering my opinion after you asked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast