Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Feedback on new build

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Would all the necessary components of that upper be cheaper to build than just buying an upper assembly from Noveske? Looks like you'd still get a lot of the features you'd want in one of theirs, plus you could get it with the switchblock if you do ever decide to get a suppressor.
    The difference in price was roughly $3-400, I've thought about going with a switchblock but in all honesty I don't know that a suppressor will be in my future, just leaving the option open as I've learned from builing a few sports cars you always end up adding something down the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I'm switching my MIAD out for the MOE+ as well. The medium backstrap (the smallest option with a beavertail) is too big for my hands, but the MOE is perfect. Although looks like you're already set there.
    I'm not opposed to switching grips down the line, thus far I've liked the MIAD however.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    Tritium sights that are 20" away from your face are alot different than a tritium sight 3" away from your eye.

Its your money man. Im just offering my opinion after you asked.
    I completely understand, and appreciate the opinion...that's the reason I started this thread. I knew the parts I wanted and wanted feedback on the rest.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I completely understand, and appreciate the opinion...that's the reason I started this thread. I knew the parts I wanted and wanted feedback on the rest.
    Were not here to tell you HOW to spend your money, but most of us have been in your position and made mistakes so you dont have to.

We can offer advice based on our experiences whether good or bad, its up to you how you take that advice.

In MY personal experience, I can say that I would rather have a rifle up and running before I threw all the crap on it that I didnt need at the "Beginne rs" point.

You gotta think, gun manufacturers are in business for SELLING. Not every piece of gear do you NEED.

That shit all looks super cool, who doesnt want an awesome looking rifle?

They shoot just the same with OUT the MS3 and ASAP or tritium sights.

Im using paracord on my shorty. It shoots awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BCmJUnKie View Post
    Were not here to tell you HOW to spend your money, but most of us have been in your position and made mistakes so you dont have to.

We can offer advice based on our experiences whether good or bad, its up to you how you take that advice.

In MY personal experience, I can say that I would rather have a rifle up and running before I threw all the crap on it that I didnt need at the "Beginne rs" point.

You gotta think, gun manufacturers are in business for SELLING. Not every piece of gear do you NEED.

That shit all looks super cool, who doesnt want an awesome looking rifle?

They shoot just the same with OUT the MS3 and ASAP or tritium sights.

Im using paracord on my shorty. It shoots awesome.
    I agree completely, most of the accessories are long term plans, I plan on starting off with the rifle and iron sights, probably should have been more clear on that at the beginning.

I would like to add a sling once I start taking higher level classes at my local range however.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Also keep in mind, gun parts have a good resale value.

Anything you dont want or you want to upgrade, you will have NO problem selling locally or on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by Split66 View Post
    I wouldnt listen to BCMjunkie. His brown camo clashes like hell with his surroundings. His surroundings are obviously pinkish and lacey and have big hooties.

Instagram Dangertastic
    Danger@Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/m41979/

Feedback Score
    That little stuff is so easy to change. Just make sure you get the barrel, handguard, upper and lower you want.

Upper and lower sound good, I imagine they would verify the fit before shipment and should fit perfectly for how much they cost. Maybe just get a 16" barrel? With pinning you are basically making it harder on yourself to ever change/replace your rail or muzzle device. Obviously you need to know your barrel length before you know what length rail you will need.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The BattleComp 2.0's are designed specifically for a suppressor. I have used the BC's on several of my builds, they are my default comp these days, I have a 1.0, 1.5, and a 2.0. Love them all!

Quote Originally Posted by Oneback View Post
    I'm not 100% sure a suppressor is in my future, but I want to leave the option open. Don't really want to go through the hassle of registering a SBR though.

Speaking of compensators, what's everyone's thoughts on the BattleComp, I am seeing some really good things. Don't think they accept a suppressor though.
    Last edited by Freelance; 01-04-12 at 19:21.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I think you'll like the functionality of the ACS. I have an VLTOR but I want to replace it with an ACS because I like the looks better. The storage is awesome but the cheek weld is the best. I'd imagine the ACS is very similar. For the barrel, why not go with a 14.5" barrel? Then when you pin the comp/fh it'll reach out to 16" overall (assuming the one you want is long enough). That would make it better for close quarters/home defense, which I think you said you wanted.

Lastly, I'd say if you know what you want, get it. The stuff that some people are saying to wait on like the trigger, stock, or sling, I'd just say go for it now. Otherwise, if you're like me, you'll spend money on a downgraded item just to end up buying the thing you really wanted a little down the road. That's just me though.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123