Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rfairman View Post
    Does anyone know how I would go about getting a set of sordins repaired?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SRS is where my Sords would go, sev. trusted friends that use theirs for work have used SRS w/ zero issues.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Looks like there's another aftermarket supplier using MSA Sordin shells in the game that hasn't been discussed in this thread. TEA Headsets Hi Threat Tier 1.

(Images taken from Soldier Systems)

Neat SARA looking device:

http://teaheadsets.com/index.php/booms/hth-t1.html
    http://soldiersystems.net/2016/10/06...untung-system/

---

What are you guys using to attached headsets to your helmets? Unity Tactical has the MARK kit out and soon releasing the REMORA where it looks like their KNUCKL directly attached behind the headset mounting interface. I've been holding off purchasing the Peltor adapters since Unity Tactical's offering looks more streamlined.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    Thanks, I ordered the ComTac III's from Botach for $250. After reading around they're more comfortable under ACH's in addition to the modularity (although I'm not using comms) and more durable than Sordins/DEHP. Looks like more battery life than the current line of Sordins. I didn't want to bother waiting for SHOT to release some new hotshot headset so I can get a deal on the current offerings. Look forward to contribute some feedback. The Tactical 100's cut off even during normal conversation in my living room.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/3M-Peltor-Co...3D142285046531

Botach is selling those ComTac IIIs through Ebay for that price. same price, with Ebay consumer guarantees seems like a win-win.
    I shaved my gasblock for this?

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by contax_shooter View Post
    What are you guys using to attached headsets to your helmets? Unity Tactical has the MARK kit out and soon releasing the REMORA where it looks like their KNUCKL directly attached behind the headset mounting interface. I've been holding off purchasing the Peltor adapters since Unity Tactical's offering looks more streamlined.
    I run the Peltor adapters and have zero issues or complaints. The SARA is a bandaid that is well executed, but still doesn't get you near where the Peltor adapters are. The reason for this is how the Sordins adjust vice how the Peltors adjust and the angle of the headset as it sits on your ears.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    A shout-out for Altus Brands...

I've owned a set of Pro Tac 300s for about five years and have had no complaints. The noise reduction is decent (26 db), the amplification strong and sound clear. A few weeks ago I was out in some minus-zero weather and the plastic swivel that attaches to one of the muffs snapped when I spread them to place on my head.

I contacted Altus asking for the PNs so I could order parts needed for the repair. Five years later (two years after the warranty expired), they quickly sent a new complete head band assembly for no charge.

Good stuff, IMO.
    EDC Light Builder | No Nonsense Everyday Carry Flashlights

Feedback Score
    91 (100%)
    Just to keep this topic relevant, here is another reason why Peltor and not Sordin/TCI/TEA/Etc.: http://soldiersystems.net/2017/05/21...-for-soldiers/. This is one of a couple of contracts that has just been let or will be let in the next couple of months. There is a reason why the Peltor headsets dominate this space and it isn't whizbang, half-ass gimmicks, like on some of the ones I listed.
    "We sleep soundly in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

- George Orwell

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There was close out on the Sordin Supreme pro X behind neckband on a German surplus ebay seller...got mines for 120...
    Shipping was fast.
    I now see dealers here bought it and doubled the prices.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
    I believe in peace, love and extremely violent weapons systems... just in case that whole peace-and-love thing doesn't work out.

Feedback Score
    Ear protection with radio connection

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Radio connection

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbettP View Post
    Radio connection

Meant to be a Search. Sorry