Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N.Franklin View Post
    I just got the MSA Sordin Supreme Pro-X from Botach, ordered Saturday night and received in Hawaii today. I dont know how I went without this type of ear protection, best $200 Ive spent in a long time.
    I was thinking of getting a pair of those as well.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Peltor Shotgunner. I like these as they are very comfortable and extremely low profile.

Surefire EarPro EP-3 Sonic Defenders. I bought these on a whim, to try something other than the USGI orange earplugs. I like them...they're comfortable and work well.

Indoors, I use both. Outdoors, usually just the muffs.

"I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him." - Abraham Lincoln

Semper Fidelis

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    You wont regret it.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Owner of MI-TAC, LLC .

@MichiganTactical

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I personally tried both, Sordins Pro X and Pro Ears Gold. Needless to say I have since purchased several Pro Ears Gold and am now a dealer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M4arc View Post
    I've owned a pair of Supreme Pros for about a year now with no regrets. They're comfortable with or without an ACH on. You probably won't have this issue but not only do they provide me with protection, they also give my forehead a break when I'm out on a night patrol with my 14s on.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro Ear Muffs

Is $200.00 a good price. I'm going with Grants and Katars advice. I'm to poor too buy twice.

Feedback Score
    I have just been gifted a pair of Peltor Sportac and it seems really good. I couldn't try it at the range yet but I am sure it will be nice.
    Last edited by mohican; 12-29-08 at 14:13.
    Take care, keep safe, stay frosty!

Feedback Score
    I've got a set of Howard Leight Impact Sports and they're quite good, especially for the price. Their NRR (Noise Reduction Rating) is 22db.

I've also had the chance to use MSA Sordin Supreme Pros, and they're phenomenal. However, their NRR is only 18db.

It would appear from my subjective analysis that the Sordins are more effective at noise reduction despite the NRR.

As with most advertising, the moral seems to be: don't trust the advertising numbers and try for yourself.

The Howard Leights are still great for ~$40-50, but for an extra $150-200, you can get even better ear pro .

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Super Quality Sordin

I just received my Sordin Supreme Pro 10061285. I have not used them to suppress gun fire yet, but the directional hearing and amplification is beyond my most positive expectations. Clarity loud noise suppression and the ability to hear low sounds and not loud sounds similtaneously is beyond perfection. Thank you Grant and Kater for the most perfect advise. So far two orders from Botach came through no problem around ten days door to door.
    Last edited by sjc3081; 01-07-09 at 16:17.

Feedback Score
    The best hearing production I have ever found for ridiculously cheap is by SureFire so you know they are made great. They are called EarPro. I bought the Sonic Defenders. They allow you to hear voices like you dont have anything in your ears but gun shots sound like nothing at all. I didnt believe it when i saw them but for the price i couldnt resist buying a pair. They only cost 14 dollars!

Page 13 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast