Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Hearing protection,, Which one to buy?

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by briguy64 View Post
    Does anyone use the Sordins from TCI industries? From other revies and from their site, they have contract MSA to beef up the electronics and the battery compartment of the Supreme-X to increase NRR to 21 and mitigate the issues of battery's losing contact. It looks like they are more with the gel pads, but I'm considering picking up a pair for the additional protection
    I've talked a few times with TCI on the phone and they have been more than helpful in answering my questions. That said considering the enhancements they offer when spend money it will be going to TCI, irrespective of their reduced warranty duration.

As for the price I was told they run a special a few times a year when you can get the DEHP model for 279$ with free gel cups included. When I was looking back in September that was the price then but I missed the sale.

Sent from my DROID X2

Feedback Score
    I've got a pair of TCI/DEHP mufs with the "free" gel cups and they are without a doubt the very best ear pro I've ever seen or used.

Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I've talked a few times with TCI on the phone and they have been more than helpful in answering my questions. That said considering the enhancements they offer when spend money it will be going to TCI, irrespective of their reduced warranty duration.

As for the price I was told they run a special a few times a year when you can get the DEHP model for 279$ with free gel cups included. When I was looking back in September that was the price then but I missed the sale.

Sent from my DROID X2

Feedback Score
    How many of you were able to try on the ear protection model you're interested in before you bought it?

If I were to spend $250.00/$300.00 for a pair of boots, I'd expect to see if they fit well.

Our noggins and ears are all slightly/differently shaped, so what works well for you, may not for me.

Or, has everyone plunked their money down and hoped for the best?

Feedback Score
    Have a friend who got the TCI/DEHP over the head and was to small due to having a melon head & he exchanged em for the behind the head ones...I go the over the head ones & they fit great. The gel cups are superb, much better than anything I've ever tried...and HH6 agrees, they are ubber comfortable, espically sealing great around ear rings.

Quote Originally Posted by Abraham View Post
    How many of you were able to try on the ear protection model you're interested in before you bought it?

If I were to spend $250.00/$300.00 for a pair of boots, I'd expect to see if they fit well.

Our noggins and ears are all slightly/differently shaped, so what works well for you, may not for me.

Feedback Score
    I'm more concerned about fit/seal around temples for both prescription glasses and eye pro.

Being an old school kinda guy, ear rings, aren't a concern...of course, I think older guys (me, fer instance) look kinda silly wearing ear rings - at least to me. Kinda like Granny wearing a mini-skirt, rather sad...

Feedback Score
    I wear eye glasses, am almost blind without em actually and the wife also wears glasses as does 1 of the female offspring. Just saying about the ear rings as they complain when wearing HL's about how they are uncomfortable/hurt after a short while & they don't get a good seal. However, the TCI/DHEP conform around glasses/ear rings and you still get a comfortable & good tight seal.

I'm more concerned about fit/seal around temples for both prescription glasses and eye pro.

Being an old school kinda guy, ear rings, aren't a concern...of course, I think older guys (me, fer instance) look kinda silly wearing ear rings - at least to me. Kinda like Granny wearing a mini-skirt, rather sad...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The web site says there is no "consumer input"... anyone know if they can DIY modified to accept external audio?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Fit isn't nearly the concern for earmuffs as it is for footwear IME.

I have/had not tried them on.

I also bought multiple pairs of boots this year without trying them on first, and all fit.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I'll be getting a set of TCI DEHP (Gel cups, Behind the head) for christmas from my wife (awesome wifey). When I spoke with the CS rep at TCI, she said that the Sordin Pro-X is no longer considered a viable option and as such they do not use them to make the DEHP any longer.

What ear-pro is TCI improving on to make the DEHP?

What the hell happened to the Sordin Pro-X for TCI to stop using it as their mainstay?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    TCI was acquired by The Safariland Group on September 30, 2013 and is now one of their many industry-leading brands. Rest assured, TCI''s commitment to advancing capabilities and service to our customers will only get better.
    Considering what they do, modding someone elses gear is probably not the best way to go for the long haul.

Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast