Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Miscellaneous Gym Rants

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Miscellaneous Gym Rants

Like most of you the gym is the place I relieve stress. There are however occasions where certain individuals/behaviors at the gym have either irritated me or just been so messed up IDK what to even say. So how about a thread for rants about stuff at the gym that pisses you off or makes you go WTF. Complain about Mr. Bad BO, The Grunter or Ms. over-the-hill-over-the-top Cougar.

From my bicep/forearm/back workout Friday: 3ft. Rule Violators.

There is a 3ft. Rule regarding the dumbbell rack. It is there so that others may get a DB without having to wait for you to finish your set. But Nooooo. You have to drag the 5's, 10's and 15's over infront of the rack with the 40's to do your triple drop sets of side laterals. You stand so damn close to the rack I couldn't toss a water bottle between you and it. Just what I wanted to do for MY workout, wait for your ignorant ass to finish before I can even grab a DB. So pretty please with cream and sugar, keep your skinny ass at least 3 feet from the DB rack so others can use them too.

Feedback Score
    My gym is the open road.

My rant for the day is all the idiots out there who think 5-10 seconds it takes to wait to pass safely are more important to them than my safety, (I wonder if I slung my BCM cross body if they would get the hint).

Part of my New Years resolutions is to swear less and be more forgiving. Rather than call some idiot a dumb (fill in with colorful Marine Corp language), I'd just look at them and say, "Well bless your heart", (Texan for F*ck off and die). Yesterday I kind of used that phrase a lot, at full volume, in a rather angry tone... The looks I got from some people were rather entertaining.

Semper Fi

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Fresh back from my morning session at the local gym before heading back to grad school. Saw this thread when I signed in and boy, howdy, do I have a good one...

I don't mind if you're a certified trainer from a reputable source (ACE, NFPT, etc), but unless I know you and visa versa, don't try to "give me pointers." Especially if you're barely old enough to sign for your own membership at a gym. The reason my form looks so "poor" doing a clean and press is because you have no idea what that even is. Son, I've been lifting weights since junior high football, so going on 13 years now. Hell, I was even an ACE/NFPT trainer at one point. I know I don't appear to be in the best shape of my life, but after 5 knee surgeries, come see me.

By the way, I don't mind the grunting. If it reminds someone to breathe, it's all gravy.

H
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it."-Thomas Paine

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    This thread basically sums up my signature line, I wish I had seen it sooner.

I have so much to talk about just within this one thread. You can always tell the guys that know what they're doing because they just do what they do, they don't try to be verbose and boisterous to ensure everyone sees what they're doing. Everyone sees what they're doing because it's impressive.

I would have to say one of my all time favorite moments is while lifting at Texas Tech University's rec center. I was watching two guys that were probably from Kansas or Midwest state who obviously got their cues from jersey shore do cable flies. CABLE FLIES. And after each set one would "WOOOOO" and then they would aggressively high five so hard it made a sound that would replicate a .22.

I've got others that haven't stuck in my head but as new hilarity finds its way to me I will continue to share.
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Used to workout at a Gold's Gym.....I've seen some pretty funny and scary shit. (and AWESOME...its nice working out next to Monique Minton lol)

We had one guy that i called "capt. Insano" that would come in and load up a bar with 6 or 7 45's on each side and proceed to sumo style deadlift it . All while screaming and slaming it down as loudly as possible (and dusting everything in a 10ft radius with chalk). I'd just go about my business, but it was good for a laugh. His 1/4 dept squats were funny to watch also.
    Last edited by J-Dub; 01-09-12 at 14:57.

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Yes I love the overweighted knee bends. I saw a group of five young Lance Pickles in the base gym the other day. With 8x45 pound plates on each side of the leg press and one was taking a video with an iphone while one did partial knee bends. Classic
    Full-time LEO

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by charmcitycop; 09-21-13 at 16:32.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Don't do sit-ups , push ups or jump rope in the corner with the pull-up bar when the other corner is perfectly empty, which is most of the time.

Yes, I will freely make an ass of myself and suggest you relocate to the empty corner, the pull-up bar is bolted to the wall in case you failed to notice.

Also, don't use the flat bench for the dumbbells for your personal water bottle and notebook table. If your ass isn't on it, leave it alone!
    Last edited by Heavy Metal; 01-09-12 at 18:00.
    My brother saw Deliverance and bought a Bow. I saw Deliverance and bought an AR-15.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    All of the above reasons are why I put a gym in our house when we bought it.
    Worst thing I have to worry about is the wife leaving a towel on the stair stepper.

Feedback Score
    At the gym early in the morning doing my back and shoulder circuit. 3 sets and I get done quick. Fat lady sits on the rowing machine, and just sits there meditating. I work around her and do the rest of the circuits (lats and shoulder press) while she is sitting there. I ask if I can jump in and lard butt tells me that she isn't done. SHE HASN'T DONE A SET YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The gym manager got an earful because he was too busy hitting on the MILF/cougar on the treadmill to keep track of the gym. Good thing I am friends with his boss's, boss's boss's boss.
    Last edited by mike boufford; 01-09-12 at 18:15.

Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast