Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: New Magpul PMAG 30 M3 and SL Floorplate

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Guys... I am old school and been shooting the M16 platform since '84. Still love my metal mags, but you have to love innovation and Magpul has been there. They have made some great products that have enhanced the most modular weapons platform of all time. I say create as much diverse crap as you can... if it makes my gun better or if someone else will like something I do not, but makes their AR a better fit to them, then keep making money. We all profit from it!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Testing guys...testing. No mag will be released before its time. All the I's are being dotted and the T's crossed. Being pretty cautious with this, maybe to a fault, as you can see by the release date drift. I can't say much, though it's hard to stay mum on these.

Standard floor plates will be slimmer than the Rev 2's, but not true "slim line". They split the difference, and for good reasons.

Getting very close to launch on a lot of other things.

There are some very exciting things cooking behind these walls that we've managed to keep on the QT. Apologies for the delays, but stay tuned....
    Oh, good. So I can expect the PDR on shelves by the fall?

That's how I'm choosing to interpret that.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by irishhitman View Post
    Guys... I am old school and been shooting the M16 platform since '84. Still love my metal mags, but you have to love innovation and Magpul has been there. They have made some great products that have enhanced the most modular weapons platform of all time. I say create as much diverse crap as you can... if it makes my gun better or if someone else will like something I do not, but makes their AR a better fit to them, then keep making money. We all profit from it!
    Wise words.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Thanks redone13

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cqbdriver View Post
    After seeing your concerns, I called Magpul today & was able to confirm that there is no requirement to purchase the new mag. It is purely optional. I hope this relieves any of your concerns.
    you're right. I'll buy lancers instead.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SPQR476 View Post
    Getting very close to launch on a lot of other things.

There are some very exciting things cooking behind these walls that we've managed to keep on the QT. Apologies for the delays, but stay tuned....
    Soon needs to be real sooon. I got money saved up & just started browsing a few days ago & saw a new pmag was coming out. Looking to get quite a few of these, but need to get it done soon. It is an election year you know. Not looking good for anyone. Though the NRA is strong as ever from some recent readings, so at least we got that going.

Recently saw this from CTD.
    http://cheaperthandirt.com/blog/?p=24254
    "The vote to include S.A. 2575 on the Cybersecurity Act or not is expected next week. If S.A. 2575 gets included in the Cybersecurity Act, and the Cybersecurity Act passes, it will be illegal to produce new high capacity magazines."

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/forum...x?postID=33119
    Seems it failed to pass or move forward though, which is very good. However they are only delaying until they return in Sept. They will resume talk over it. Hopefully the CO situation will have calmed down some by then.

Magpul, you better have these out before then. I want my stockpile full before any bans come around.

Feedback Score
    agreed , The lovely governer of IL is trying to push a ban through now on AR's and "hi-cap" mags and I would like to get a few before that happens, if it does.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by overcome View Post
    agreed , The lovely governer of IL is trying to push a ban through now on AR's and "hi-cap" mags and I would like to get a few before that happens, if it does.
    MOVE! The more of you that leave that God Forsaken state the better.
    You have one of the highest murder rate cities... yet guns are outlawed there.... proof that bans DO NOT WORK> are they going to ban cars because of Drunk Drivers?? LOL!

Feedback Score
    believe me I am working on it, just not many jobs out there for a 30yr old working on a college degree. lol I used that argument (drinking and driving )today at work ... nobody talked to me for the rest of the day. As far as the murder rate goes...in the words of my dad (retired CPD) "whats the media getting all excited about, this is nothing, in the 60's and 70's chicago avg 700+ murders per year"
    Last edited by overcome; 08-02-12 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Magpul is proud to announce the release of the GEN M3 PMAG and new pricing for the existing PMAG, which will continue to be produced as part of the MOE line.

The existing PMAG will now be priced at an MSRP of $12.95 and an MSRP of $15.95 for the Window version, and will now be known as the PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M2 MOE. Once existing supplies of the GEN M2 PMAGs are exhausted, they will begin shipping in MOE packaging, and will not include dust covers. All colors will continue to be available.

The PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3 will begin shipping in black only on 1 Nov, 2012, at an MSRP of $14.95. The Window version will be available soon, at an MSRP of $17.95.

Stay tuned for additional content and of course…us giving away PMAGs.

Learn more here: http://magpul.com/index.php?id=154

The GEN M3 PMAG is from the PMAG lineage that you already know, but refined and battle-hardened by over 5 years of combat experience. The list of improvements is long, but you can learn more about the GEN M3 development and improvements at:

http://www.magpul.com/pmagm3

18-Oct-12 17:32
    PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3

THE PMAG 30 AR/M4 GEN M3, 5.56X45

The PMAG 30 GEN M3 is a polymer magazine for AR15/M4 compatible firearms with an expanded feature set and compatibility compared to our earlier PMAGs. Advances in material technology and manufacturing processes help to make this the most reliable and durable PMAG to date.

Here at Magpul, when we make a product, we have a hard time leaving it alone. We continue to test, to collect feedback from end-users, and to find ways to improve. The original PMAG benefitted from these efforts with the MREV improvements in 2009. Since then, we’ve continued the quest for constant evolution. With millions of magazines in worldwide military service and a self-critical eye in our engineering department, the M3 project started in 2011. Over a full year later, we are finally ready to show our hand.

WHAT IS DIFFERENT, AND WHY

Polymer technology is constantly advancing, and we are continually pushing the boundaries of what is possible with new materials, manufacturing methods, and quality control. What we’ve arrived at with the GEN M3 is a magazine that is significantly stronger in all areas. Performance in feed lip impact, spine strength, side impact, cold and hot weather impacts, and crush testing have all improved significantly over previous generations—to the point that we think you’ll find the results impressive, to say the least. You’ll also see a new, innovative window material with superior chemical resistance and durability properties. We will be releasing videos of some of the testing during the coming weeks, so you can see for yourself what the new GEN M3 is capable of.

The external geometry of the GEN M3 is slightly different than the previous generation of PMAG. In order to have compatibility with the widest variety of firearms platforms, the front stop on the magazine has been relocated for full compatibility with the HK 416/IAR/M27 and the SA-80. A new, enhanced over-insertion stop has been added to the rear spine of the magazine. This new stop is compatible with nearly all magazine well geometries and provides support for rough handling of the loaded firearm as well as allowing extremely aggressive magazine changes with no danger of malfunctions or damage caused by over-insertion. Our increases in material technology and manufacturing have also permitted gains in strength while allowing narrower external dimensions, for greater drop-free compatibility with magazine wells on the tighter side of the tolerance range.

Internal geometry received an update as well. Proven constant curve geometry is combined with a new, low-friction, four-way anti-tilt follower designed to improve on our already excellent adverse conditions functioning, especially in dust or grit environments, thanks to generous clearances. The new follower color is gray, to distinguish it from previous follower generations.

There are numerous other improvements and added features. First, the magazine catch area is reinforced both for extra strength and for improved function with a wider range of magazine catch tolerances. In keeping with the quest for compatibility, the bolt catch notch has been expanded to be compatible with the FN SCAR while still showing significant strength and durability gains in this critical area. On the outside, you’ll notice improved texture on both the front and back spines, as well as slightly modified side ribs to enhance handling characteristics when wet, dirty, or when under stress. The new floor plate design shows significant strength increases over previous designs while being slimmer for easier side-by-side carry and also having features to increase drainage for maritime operations. In the “nice to have” category, there is a paint pen dot matrix on the bottom sides of each magazine to allow consistent magazine marking that resists wear due to rough handling. This feature makes magazine marking easier and all but eliminates having to re-mark magazines after friction and solvents have worn your original markings.

All of this talk of improvements, strength, and durability really means nothing if the magazine doesn’t feed, and that is what we are most excited about. It’s easy to design and build a plastic brick that fits in a magazine well…and much hard er to build a true asset to a weapons system that functions flawlessly across a wide spectrum of temperature and condition extremes with various ammunition types, across numerous platforms, extreme cyclic rates, and other variables. The GEN M3 has exceeded even our own high expectations in reliability, compatibility, and endurance testing. Tests like 6,000 rounds through a single magazine, dirt/sand/grit testing, drop, crush, and impact testing, temperature extreme testing, extensive field testing…all per applicable military standards, and all demonstrating the performance we demand from the next generation to wear the PMAG name.

WE’RE NOT FINISHED

We have a series of new developments and additions to the line that will be released soon, so keep an eye on our social media, sign up for our newsletter, and follow this blog for the latest news on what is coming next from honest engineering and American manufacturing.
    Last edited by ForTehNguyen; 10-18-12 at 20:42.

Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast