Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 20 vs 30 round magazines

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator2003 View Post
    Not saying this is the op's situation, but in some places (like where I live), Pmags are not an option for anything over 10 rounds. We have no choice but to use pre-ban USGI type mags, as those are the only ones for the most part that were made prior to the AWB.
    I've got right around 30 USGI 20 rounders, they were given to me by a friend of mine when I bought my first AR. I've run then and they've never had an issue in my rifles or friend of mine's rifles when we have run them, and these mags were not babied and were run hard before I got them Just my experience, but quality mags are quality mags, doesn't matter who makes them as long as they run, if they don;t, well then you either fix them or ventilate them. Currently I have 30 rounders, 20 rounders, and even a couple C-product 40 rounders all of which have proven to be completely reliable.

Feedback Score
    Oh, I know, and I was in no way trying to imply that the GI mags were in any way inferior to Pmags, it was just in response to the previous poster who was using them as an example.

Feedback Score
    The 20 round USGI magazines with the aluminum followers are some of the most reliable AR magazines ever made. Unless the feed lips or springs are bad, there really aren't any issues with them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So what you're saying is they're great... unless they suck... then they suck... but otherwise, they're great.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I love 20 rounders. Ive got plenty of Magpul and NHMTG's, I like the MH one's better though as they dont have bulky baseplates. Ive never experienced a problem from either. Now, I just need to find some good pouches for them.

Feedback Score
    for me

20rd = hunting
    30rd = fun time at the range

Feedback Score
    My magpul 20rnd mags will cause the bolt to overide the rounds when I insert a fully loaded 20rnd pmag on closed bolt.

Never had this problem with any other mags
    Last edited by An Undocumented Worker; 01-12-12 at 17:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Same as a few others, clearance when down low.
    Last edited by Cesiumsponge; 01-12-12 at 18:29.
    “The practical success of an idea, irrespective of its inherent merit, is dependent on the attitude of the contemporaries." Nikola Tesla

Feedback Score
    the only advantage to the 20rd is getting closer to the ground
    thats why I dont want the 60 or 100 rd surefire mags ... to expensive and have to tilt your rifle if going prone

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have more 20 rd PMAG's then 30. I like them for going to the range which is what I shoot most of the time. However several of my 20 round PMAG's do not lock the bolt back on the last round. I can't really see any physical differences between them, but I marked them so I would know. I have purchased about a dozen over the last 6 months and have atleast one bad one at each purchase. I bought three at a time. I have zero issues with any of my 30 round mags.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast