So i have been reading through the forums and have a fairly good idea but looking for a little confirmation.

I have been reloading for about 2 years now and have just read that crimping gave an improvement in accuracy, due to suspected increased bullet tension consistency now my questions are two fold

1. Bolt guns: now if i turn the case neck and seat the bullet precisely measured to .002" or so behind the lands and grooves of my rifling, i find it hard to believe that a normally seated crimped bullet will be more accurate than that. generally speaking, there are always exceptions!

2. Semi's : i just recently started to reload for my AR for hunting purposes. when i purchased the dies and ammo i forgot about a crimping die, so i do not have one. i have also been reading on the forums where people have been saying that crimping isnt exactly necessary even for semi autos. just keep an eye out for any shots that feel different.

im hoping that my understanding is accurate and that someone, with many years of reloading experience, can shed some light on any areas of misconception.