Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: 700yd (600 is ok) Precision(ish) AR - glass recommendations?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    A 10x scope is useful for even the "shorter" ranges. It will aid in target ID and can be usefull for smaller or partially covered targets. A half silhouette would be easier to engage at 300-400 yards with a 2-10 than a 1-4.

Also you would be surprised at how accurate a free floated barrel can be. There was a pic around here of a member keeping all of his shots on a steel silhouette at 600 yards with a stock, plastic hand guards and all, BCM 20 inch rifle.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Well, I just picked this up from the EE over on Snipershide. Should be here by next week. Too good a deal to pass up (NF2.5-10x24).

Last edited by ASH556; 03-01-12 at 12:30.
    Semper Paratus Certified AR15 Armorer

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    ;That will make you smile.
    . Very cool

You gotta good deal
    Last edited by Pappabear; 03-01-12 at 12:45.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score

Optic choice

You may want to see if you can find a used S&B short dot....should be close to your price range. Or, a used 4x Acog will serve u well at that range. Might be able to find a used adjustable NXS scope as well. Just hunt around on the sites,

Also, other than the adjustable power leupy's and vortex I might look at the Nikon M-223...it has a BDC and should be able to make consistent hits to 600 easy using the reticle. The scope reticle is matched to a particular load. I think you said it was a 5.56 I hope...it isn;t a sniper scope but will def let you ring steel at that range.

Last suggestion is Bushnell I beleive has a new scope with built in laser rangefinder...all you have to do is have your rifle zeroed...hit the rangedinder and dial it up. You will be on your own for wind values though which at 600 can definately cause a miss if you cant read the wind.

Good luck.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234