Thread: Selling Brass

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)

Selling Brass

I used the orange search button and didn't come up with anything.

Quick question for reloaders. My agency currently saves, until it is overflowing, then throws away all of our once fired .223, 9mm, .40 and .45 brass. All of the .223 is yellow brass. Most of the 9mm, .40 and .45 is yellow with nickel plated duty brass mixed in.

I am looking for a place to sell the brass in order to put the money back into the firearms program. I searched and found places that will give you store credit for reloading supplies, which is of no use to us.

I am looking for a place to sell or a place that will give credit towards mags, slings, optics, mounts, etc. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by JEL458; 01-13-12 at 20:19.

Feedback Score
    JEL458
    If your talking thousands of pieces- I say contact an ammo manufacture and see if they'd take it off your hands for credit on ammo. There are some smaller ammo "Remanufactures" around that might deal with volume brass. Other wise you can scrap it for the brass. We get a little over $2 a pound here!

Feedback Score

Maybe

What about contacting.

http://www.southwestammunition.com/

I think they're located in Mesa AZ. If your talking quantity.

Or

http://thehuntingshack.com/

But they're in Montana might not be worth the freight.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Holy ****!!! Those tards are throwing away what could amount to $2 per lb.

Shit... Our sherrif's dept got $9,000 for the black ops fund from I forget how many 50 gal drums of brass... 3 or 4... I can't remember.

What a ****in' waste!

Oh yeah... find the closest Sims Metal Management.
    Last edited by markm; 01-14-12 at 09:00.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JEL458 View Post
    ... found places that will give you store credit for reloading supplies, which is of no use to us...
    Any ideas? Thanks in advance.
    Turn all that brass into a store credit, Use it to get a Dillon 650.

Use the Dillon as a Grand Prize in a fundraiser Shooting competition.

Use the entry fee's to fund further firearms etc. puchases for your dept.

Cost? Your time.

Oh then sell the brass from the competition to the winner

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Contact the various remanufacturers about purchasing your brass. Finding someone local to you would be most desirable, as shipping costs can outrun the value of the brass pretty quick.

In the alternative, try a scrap metal buyer.

Whichever buyer you use, ask them to do an open account for you. When your account reaches a value with which you can purchase the widget you want, have them issue a check to your vendor, rather than back to you. This avoids issues of reauthorizing expenditures or losing money to the general fund. It is also likely to be permissible/lawful in your AO.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    good lord!! heck, your nearest steel recycling place will pay you more than nothing for the stuff!!

heck you could probably put it for sale on any forum and get some decent money for it.

I'll pay you $.10 a piece for any 6.8 brass you have and $.05 for any 10mm brass.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think you can trade it for new steel targets through Action Target, too. Check their web site.

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skintop911 View Post
    Contact the various remanufacturers about purchasing your brass. Finding someone local to you would be most desirable, as shipping costs can outrun the value of the brass pretty quick.

In the alternative, try a scrap metal buyer.

Whichever buyer you use, ask them to do an open account for you. When your account reaches a value with which you can purchase the widget you want, have them issue a check to your vendor, rather than back to you. This avoids issues of reauthorizing expenditures or losing money to the general fund. It is also likely to be permissible/lawful in your AO.
    Thank you, this is what I was looking for. Thanks to everyone else for your help as well.