Thread: Night Sights For PPQ

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Just the orange.

C4
    Thanks.
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    All Dawson sights have to be filed to fit in my experience (Glock, M&P, etc). So you made an error by pounding them in.

The notch sizes are clearly written on their website. So if you have a rear notch of .125 and a front sight width of .125, they are going to be a tight sight picture (this is what I run BTW). If you did not want that, then you needed to choose a a larger rear notch (like .145) with the .125 front sights.

C4
    Unfortunately with the Dawson Tritium sights there is no choice for widths, it is .125F/.145R I knew this going into it, but once on the gun is really when I noticed how little I like this ratio.

As far as filing, admittedly I guess I installed them wrong, but they are securely in now I still would not recommend these sights for this basic reason. All of my Glock Ameriglo rears have pushed in securely with a Glock tool and did not ned filing and did not fall out, nor do they use a set screw.

Does the rear of the Trijicon set need filing?

I would say the quality and finish of the Dawsons is nicer than any other sight I have purchased not that that really matters

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    Unfortunately with the Dawson Tritium sights there is no choice for widths, it is .125F/.145R I knew this going into it, but once on the gun is really when I noticed how little I like this ratio.
    That ratio is actually a good one for speed IMHO (unless you have horrible eye sight). As I said, I run a .125F and a .125R and have zero issues. The bigger this gap, the hard it is to shoot accurate groups at distance.

As far as filing, admittedly I guess I installed them wrong, but they are securely in now I still would not recommend these sights for this basic reason. All of my Glock Ameriglo rears have pushed in securely with a Glock tool and did not ned filing and did not fall out, nor do they use a set screw.
    Not recommending the sights because you did not follow the directions is NOT a ding on DP IMHO.

I believe that Mr. Dawson is not a fan of putting that much pressure on sights to install them. I would tend to agree with him and I tend to file ALL sights to fit if I feel they are oversized.

On the PPQ? No idea as I have not installed them yet.

C4

Feedback Score
    I wish Heinie was offering sights for the PPQ since I like the black on black sight picture for daytime shooting more so than brightly colored front sights, but I still want night sights. Other than that I can find no compelling reason not to buy a PPQ, I handled a few yesterday and was really impressed with them. I suppose I might wait a while and see if HK ever releases their striker fired pistol, since I really like the grips on a P30 but the trigger is not to my liking. Which is odd because the HK45 has a much better trigger.

Feedback Score
    I had the meprolight night sights on my PPQ but I didn't like them. They were super bright (brighter than the trijicons by far), but the gap in the rear was pretty wide, and my pistol impact changed to Sight Image 1 and shot 4" high of POA with them.

I have since moved to an all black 10-8 precision rear sight, and kept the meprolight front night sight. The rear U notch in the 10-8 precision sight is much tighter so it's easier to shoot accurately with, but still very fast. My PPQ shoots amazing with this set up and I like it alot better than the 3-dot setup.

Feedback Score
    I just got and installed my Dawson night sights a few days ago too. I did file the rear a little to get it to fit. I only had to knock down the black finish. I didn't really take much metal off at all.

The front sight tool was not big enough though. It was nearly impossible to tighten up the front hex screw. I did use Locktite but not the permanent version. I used blue 242. I need to shoot it and check it to make sure the front stays put. Anyone have a guess if the blue will hold up?

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=TMS951;1901208]Does the rear of the Trijicon set need filing?

I got my HD sights from G&R and trijicon kept the stock type ppq adjustable rear sight set up. So no filing needed on the HD.
    Last edited by heat-ar; 04-25-14 at 17:17.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    [QUOTE=heat-ar;1902469]
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post

I got my HD sights from G&R and trijicon kept the stock type ppq adjustable rear sight. So no filing needed on the HD.
    Just to make sure I'm hearing you right, the Trijicon HDs are adjustable like the stock sights?
    In today's world one of the best things you can do for your child; Get them in Scouting, stay with them in the program, and encourage them to stay in.

Feedback Score
    ghjkl
    Last edited by Aries144; 05-11-19 at 19:14.

Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=HES;1902684]
    Quote Originally Posted by heat-ar View Post
    Just to make sure I'm hearing you right, the Trijicon HDs are adjustable like the stock sights?
    Yes the HD rear sight is adjustable like the stock ppq. You take the adjuster screw out of the stock ppq rear sight and put it in the new HD rear sight.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast