Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Night Sights For PPQ

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Grant are you expecting to have any of the yellow ones available in the near future?
    Steve

Disclaimer: I am employed by Shadow Systems. My posts on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Grant are you expecting to have any of the yellow ones available in the near future?
    We generally never stock the yellow version of the HD sights (as almost no one buys them).

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Night Sights For PPQ

Interesting. I don't know about the HDs, but I played around a bit and found hiviz yellow front and hiviz orange rears work best for me. I find the yellow is more noticeable and I can index faster this way.

I first tried it the other way round and the orange wasn't as good up front.

Unfortunately it's a pain to paint the PPQ sights since the dots are flush.

-john
    Last edited by bzdog; 04-28-14 at 16:05.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    So... After months of waiting for these to come up... I got a set from Grant.

I get this :\
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKHdzfZ8ToA

Grant, I'm not sure if there is anything you can do or not. Appears you are out of stock now. Trijicon said they had no idea who you were as a dealer and overall didn't give the greatest impression they cared about anything. Said it would be 4-6 weeks to replace the front sight. Unless I was a cop then it would be done tomorrow (I have my own thoughts about this).

I have a class coming up I wanted these for, but it seems like I'll be sticking with 10-8. I like the 10-8 a ton better so far, but wanted a high vis front. Maybe Ameriglo will get on their game someday. I'm not sure I should fill out a return on Trijicon's support sight, or see if I can get a machinist to cut them down to .180" tall that way they actually would work with a 10-8 rear.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've got two PPQ M2s. I don't think night sights are super useful, but I went ahead and bought two sets of Trijicon greens from Cops+. The reasons is two fold. First, I don't like plastic sights. Second, under very limited circumstances it could be useful to have night sights. But the truth is that I believe a weapon light is much more effective and I'm still trying to find the right one for my pistols.

JMHO

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Last edited by ScottsBad; 04-28-14 at 19:40. Reason: Delete

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Noodles View Post
    So... After months of waiting for these to come up... I got a set from Grant.

I get this :\
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UKHdzfZ8ToA

Grant, I'm not sure if there is anything you can do or not. Appears you are out of stock now. Trijicon said they had no idea who you were as a dealer and overall didn't give the greatest impression they cared about anything. Said it would be 4-6 weeks to replace the front sight. Unless I was a cop then it would be done tomorrow (I have my own thoughts about this).

I have a class coming up I wanted these for, but it seems like I'll be sticking with 10-8. I like the 10-8 a ton better so far, but wanted a high vis front. Maybe Ameriglo will get on their game someday. I'm not sure I should fill out a return on Trijicon's support sight, or see if I can get a machinist to cut them down to .180" tall that way they actually would work with a 10-8 rear.

Well that is odd. Your the first one I have seen like this. I am sure you tightened down the screw right?

When you call Trijicon, you are dealing with a CS person who probably isn't even sure about all the product they make so I am not surprised they don't know who we are. Quick check on their website reveals that we are an LE/Mil Distributor though.

https://www.trijicon.com/na_en/deale...php?stateID=36

C4

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yes, I am absolutely certain I tighten the nut down correctly I'm a part time machinist, mostly CNC, and spend years as a automotive tech. I know how to build things. My 10-8 fronts, Dawson fronts, other trijicon fronts, meprolights, Walther steel fronts, and the XS big dot - ALL fit perfectly fine in my two PPQs (Have I mentioned I've had just about every sight available for PPQ?). The trijicons are the only ones with wobble. It's not a slight fitment issue. It's about .010" loose.

I haven't looked at it close enough yet to see if the screw isn't tapped long enough or the protruding tab that fits into the slide is too long (makes a similar issue) or if the base where the sight and top of the slide touch is milled to the wrong depth... But I can tell it's wrong. I might get some calipers out later and really look at it. But I kinda don't ****ing care. I paid (imo a little too much) for night sights that (imo aren't really as nice as the 10-8 set) and I'd just like them to fit - and if they don't fit, a turn-around faster than a month and a half from a giant shop like trijicon should be possible. I've driven by their place in Wixom, three shifts, 24hr security, yet it's taken them nearly 6 months to ship the first batch of PPQ sights they made one run and are out of stock everywhere - seems like I might want to make my next purchase from a company that gives a shit.

Sent another PM Grant.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Yes, I am absolutely certain I tighten the nut down correctly I'm a part time machinist, mostly CNC, and spend years as a automotive tech. I know how to build things. My 10-8 fronts, Dawson fronts, other trijicon fronts, meprolights, Walther steel fronts, and the XS big dot - ALL fit perfectly fine in my two PPQs (Have I mentioned I've had just about every sight available for PPQ?). The trijicons are the only ones with wobble. It's not a slight fitment issue. It's about .010" loose.
    I deal with a lot of folks that shouldn't be allowed to own a screw driver so I have to ask the obvious questions.

We have seen bad sights come out of just about every manufacturer there is. Trijicon is no different.

I haven't looked at it close enough yet to see if the screw isn't tapped long enough or the protruding tab that fits into the slide is too long (makes a similar issue) or if the base where the sight and top of the slide touch is milled to the wrong depth... But I can tell it's wrong. I might get some calipers out later and really look at it. But I kinda don't ****ing care. I paid (imo a little too much) for night sights that (imo aren't really as nice as the 10-8 set) and I'd just like them to fit - and if they don't fit, a turn-around faster than a month and a half from a giant shop like trijicon should be possible. I've driven by their place in Wixom, three shifts, 24hr security, yet it's taken them nearly 6 months to ship the first batch of PPQ sights they made one run and are out of stock everywhere - seems like I might want to make my next purchase from a company that gives a shit.

Sent another PM Grant.
    The CS Rep you most likely talked to gave you the standard answer for time. My guess is that it will be faster than the time they gave you.

From what I know about sights, they are a HUGE PITA to make. Trijicon makes a lot of them in a lot of different configs and does everything in batches. So that is why certain models can be out for months at a time.

C4

Feedback Score
    I like the 10-8 a ton better so far, but wanted a high vis front. Maybe Ameriglo will get on their game someday. I'm not sure I should fill out a return on Trijicon's support sight, or see if I can get a machinist to cut them down to .180" tall that way they actually would work with a 10-8 rear.
    I use the 10-8 rear sight for my PPQ with a Meprolight night sight front, and it works perfect. The Meprolight front sight is super bright (far brighter than the trijicon I had), and it lines up perfect with the 10-8 rear sight. Might be worth looking at if you want a bright front sight from someone other than Trijicon

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast