Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Zero Targets Optimized for Red Dot Style Optics (Aimpoint, EOTech, etc...)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daddyusmaximus View Post
    Anyone know how to change these targets into a picture? JPEG maybe? My printer id giving me fits. It will print photos, Powerpoint or Word docs... but not the Adobe file.

Nevermind. It was s sneaky Windows 10 "upgrade" Microsoft stuck in there when I wasn't looking. I like my Windows 7.
    You know what I like best about most people?

Their dogs.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    Just a heads up on the AK series, the adjusted 25 yard targets for a 50 yard zero and the adjusted 25 yard targets for a 100 yard zero are the identical target.

thecolter I pm'ed you a while back but didn't know if you use pm's or not. Very cool targets, thanks for taking the time making them and for sharing.

Also, a 300 Blackout series would be awesome to round out the 14.5"/16" collection. Have you considered an SBR group?
    You are correct, the targets are nearly identical as the ballistics for a 7.62x39 round will cross the line of sight at both 50 yards and 100 yards, making the zeroes interchangeable. This is similar to what happens with the popular 50/200 yard zero with 5.56mm ammunition out of an AR.

I could have made them on separate targets, but I chose otherwise. No big deal.

I'll take a look at making some .300blk targets as I have friends with .300 uppers I can use to test with prior to publishing. I thought about doing SBR specific targets, but in all honesty the difference just wasn't enough to warrant it. You can get damn close with the existing targets and it simplifies things quite a bit on my end.
    Last edited by thecolter; 09-24-15 at 15:06.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

shot this recently to get a 100 yard zero on my Primary Arms 4x. Haven't confirmed zero yet, but will report back when I do. Overall Im super happy with these zero targets.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Thanks for these targets!

Any thought on doing some for ACOG's? Maybe a 25 yard target for 100 meter zero?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post

Any thought on doing some for ACOG's? Maybe a 25 yard target for 100 meter zero?
    I use the 300m hold over at 25yd to get a rough zero, then dial in at 100.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dentron View Post
    I use the 300m hold over at 25yd to get a rough zero, then dial in at 100.
    Thanks for the tip!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOBO View Post

I was using a Primary Arms 4x and just shot the regular 100m zero as I would with a red dot. I didn't confirm at 100 like I was going too: but I was killing tanerite passed 100 yards so I feel pretty confident.
    Tactical Nylon Micro Brewery

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by turnburglar View Post
    I was using a Primary Arms 4x and just shot the regular 100m zero as I would with a red dot. I didn't confirm at 100 like I was going too: but I was killing tanerite passed 100 yards so I feel pretty confident.
    Thanks!

Feedback Score
    Updated the original post with new pistol mounted red dot targets for optics like the Trijicon RMR.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Can we please sticky these already...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast