Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Zero Targets Optimized for Red Dot Style Optics (Aimpoint, EOTech, etc...)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very nice. Great job!

Thanks

Feedback Score
    Thanks, for the updated targets. Great job.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Thanks for these.
    "Buy once, cry once. Or not. Many of you will undoubtedly be zombies one day. I'd prefer if you were zombies with sub-par gear."

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    How do these work with sights at 1/3 co-witness height? I know they work with standard height sights, but I didn't see if 1/3 co-witness threw it off at all.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DreadPirateMoyer View Post
    How do these work with sights at 1/3 co-witness height? I know they work with standard height sights, but I didn't see if 1/3 co-witness threw it off at all.
    I've used the 25 yard adjusted targets with both a 1/3 co-witness Aimpoint and with an EOTech with an absolute co-witness when testing these. I did not notice anything that would warrant a different target for each optic co-witness. The difference is so minute, I don't think you'd notice it. However, this is why I also say the adjusted target will get you close (and most of the time dead on in my experience), but you should always confirm your zero at the actual distance.

If you're using the 50 yard target at 50 yards, different co-witness is a non-issue.
    Last edited by thecolter; 02-28-13 at 14:31.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Finally got a chance to use these today zeroing a new DD upper. Eotech EXPS2-0, lower 1/3 cowitness FWIW. The targets worked perfectly. Started at 25yds, dialing it in for the 50yd zero. The first group was luckily on the target, and the adjustment grid was dead on the money. In 6 shots I was zeroed on the 25yd target.

Then I set up the 50yd target at 50yd and shot another group. I was one click high, which I attribute mostly to the target being a few yards shy of 50.

All said and done I was zeroed on the 25yd target and verified on the 50yd target in 12 rounds.

Great job on these, thanks again.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I am going to try this on Sunday while using my PRO for the very first time with the 50yd target?

Anyone have an idea of roughly how many clicks it takes after being zeroed at 50 to reach 100yd?

Thanks, I honestly have no idea.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    I am going to try this on Sunday while using my PRO for the very first time with the 50yd target?

Anyone have an idea of roughly how many clicks it takes after being zeroed at 50 to reach 100yd?

Thanks, I honestly have no idea.
    Most likely around three clicks down depending on set-up and ammunition. If zeroed at 50 yards, your POI at 100 yards will be about 1.5" above POA.
    Last edited by thecolter; 07-06-13 at 18:41.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by thecolter View Post
    Most likely around three clicks down depending on set-up and ammunition. If zeroed at 50 yards, your POI at 100 yards will be about 1.5" above POA.
    Yeah, I ended up finding out that it was 3-4 clicks when I dialed it in today.

I will just need to memorize the come-ups for the various distances, and I'll be good.
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    Added a version of the 50 Yard target without the large assisting ring to the original post.

Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast