Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drop leg holster for 1911 and light?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Drop leg holster for 1911 and light?

Now that I have decided on my sidearm I am looking for a drop leg holster for a full size 1911 with tac light attached.

Feedback Score
    May I ask why a drop leg?

Unless you are putting on and taking off armor all the time, they are pretty worthless.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 120mm View Post
    May I ask why a drop leg?

Unless you are putting on and taking off armor all the time, they are pretty worthless.
    Because I will be wearing armor and other equipment and it is not feasible to have a belt holster with all my mag pouches and other pouches.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Not to be a jerk, but do a search- this topic has been covered a bunch.

General consensus is Safariland is a good way to go.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Not to be a jerk, but do a search- this topic has been covered a bunch.

General consensus is Safariland is a good way to go.
    I did do a search as I always do and there were 10 pages of crap to sort through and very few actually talked about a 1911 with light attached. Lots talking about other weapons and lots of sale threads.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chef8489 View Post
    I did do a search as I always do and there were 10 pages of crap to sort through and very few actually talked about a 1911 with light attached. Lots talking about other weapons and lots of sale threads.
    Chef8489- Sorry mate, I shouldn't have assumed you didn't.

Try over at lightfighter too, you should find some good threads there. I don't have any good experience with mine (haven't used it enough to give a thorough review), but so far with my limited use I'm happy with my Safariland 6004 system.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason F View Post
    Chef8489- Sorry mate, I shouldn't have assumed you didn't.

Try over at lightfighter too, you should find some good threads there. I don't have any good experience with mine (haven't used it enough to give a thorough review), but so far with my limited use I'm happy with my Safariland 6004 system.
    No prob. I saw the safariland and bladetec but was really hoping to get a nylon one like a blackhawk.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    http://www.10-8forums.com/ubbthreads...0096#Post10096

Tim and Hilton at 10-8 have compiled the following guide for selecting a Safariland SLS/ALS holster for 1911s and most common WMLs. It's a good resource that you may not have been aware of.

Safariland is hands-down the most popular drop-leg holster among trainers, LEOs and .mil personnel I have talked to.
    "Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget that you come from a long line of truth-seekers, lovers and warriors." - Hunter S. Thompson

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Safariland should have you covered, if you use their website its quite user friendly.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I have three Safarilands for this exact application, and I couldn't be happier. The biggest limitation with the new ones is the actual belt, everything else on the current models is very well sorted out.

Bladetech, RCS, GCode, and a few other kydex makers come to mind if you're looking at running a thight platform to mount them on.

Another option to consider if you have relatively low profile armor is the UBL attachment for the Safariland models - it covers the middle ground between the hip and thigh attachments, and adding something like the QLS or MLS QD system will space it away from your leg a bit more too, while adding the ability to swap the holster around.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast