Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: For those wanting a TAVOR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Javelinadave View Post
    I'm absolutely not a bullpup fan but I have over the years collected one of every Israeli weapon that I could get my hands on. I still have room for a Tavor in my safe.
    So your purchase of the IWI Tavor Tar-21 will just a space to fill in your Israeli Military weapon collection?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hungarian_Legionnaire View Post
    I disagree, if the country with the most conflicts chose to replace their M16 & M4s with the Tavor TAR-21, it must have been for a good reason, its Israel's "go to gun". As a vet of Afghanistan & ex French Foreign Legionnaire I used a FAMAS F-1 for 5 years in The REP & the FAMAS is a design from 67', & still in use in several countries. I like & own AR's but find bullpups to be a superior design, although I would like to see a better trigger on bullpups someday.
    Sorry for the late reply; yes I'm in Canada.

As much as I'd love to have my own pattern room, bills still need to be paid.
    I don't think it was any one thing that led me to get rid of it other than lack of use.
    I'm a bit of an accuracy nut when it comes to service rifles. If it can't hold 2moa or better, it usually sits in the lockup and eventually finds a new owner.
    As to the superiority of bullpups over conventional rifles like the AR fow, I might agree with that statement in theory, but not in practice.
    The FS2000 I had, despite it's own quarks, was considerably more accurate than the Tavor, and offers a truly ambidextrous platform without modification. There are interesting and innovative concepts to both firearms though. I think bullpups have come a long way, but they still have much room for improvement (if guns were like dogs I think I'd mate a Tavor with an F2000...).
    I'd like to think one day I'll rekindle a relationship with one and get on with it, but for now my ARs and Sig 55xs fill my needs.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    good information, thank you.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have any NEW information on the Tavor? It seems like SHOT Show was the only info that everything is based off of now, I'd like to know when TWA or IWI will release info on the variations that are going to be available & most of all price, for something that is suppose to be released in 2-3 months very little is know.

Feedback Score
    Does anyone have any NEW information on the Tavor? It seems like SHOT Show was the only info that everything is based off of now, I'd like to know when TWA or IWI will release info on the variations that are going to be available & most of all price, for something that is suppose to be released in 2-3 months very little is know.
    well if it makes you feel any better, S&W didn't release any info on the Shield until it was practically on store shelves.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Hungarian Legionnaire, check your PMs.

Feedback Score
    Yeah, what he said. Any new info? I've tried scouring the Web to no avail.

-Cheers

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I disagree, if the country with the most conflicts chose to replace their M16 & M4s with the Tavor TAR-21, it must have been for a good reason, its Israel's "go to gun". As a vet of Afghanistan & ex French Foreign Legionnaire I used a FAMAS F-1 for 5 years in The REP & the FAMAS is a design from 67', & still in use in several countries. I like & own AR's but find bullpups to be a superior design, although I would like to see a better trigger on bullpups someday.
    The US is way ahead of Israel on actual trigger time right now.

Feedback Score
    ...don't mean to be redundant...but anyone heard the WHEN and WHERE these will be available?

Is there a website that can be tapped or email address where info can be obtained?

Been waiting on this puppy (should be "bull-puppy") since its conception...

BRING IT ON!!! I have a birthday coming...and then there's Christmas ...for the next couple of years

Feedback Score

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Venice Will View Post
    ...don't mean to be redundant...but anyone heard the WHEN and WHERE these will be available?

Is there a website that can be tapped or email address where info can be obtained?

Been waiting on this puppy (should be "bull-puppy") since its conception...

BRING IT ON!!! I have a birthday coming...and then there's Christmas ...for the next couple of years
    Earlier in the thread it has been stated by TWA that there will be a website but as of today it is like the Tavor, vapor ware. Lots of speculation on BullpupForum , ARFCOM, etc on Tavor but except for info from Shot Show not a lot has been released (probably due to confidentiality agreements). While the last report in early Aug said IWI had received their FFL so they could start production, nothing else since then. Lots of people looking for information, but especially in the digital age when things happen instantly, getting good intel on the Tavor moves about the same speed as drying paint.
    Last edited by eodcolret; 08-10-12 at 13:49.

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast