Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: For those wanting a TAVOR

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Do Want! I just hope they can get the cost down to a reasonable level without sacrificing quality

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Yes it is. Anything less than 26" overall would be a SBR.

They had to extend it to get past 16" barrel length and at the same time it happened to get past 26" OAL.

AN FS200 has a 17.5" barrel (extra barrel added to it) to meet OAL requirements. That was my point.

IMI could have just released the 18" barrel and been done with it which would already have meet non NFA requirements, instead of making another length barrel.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 01-19-12 at 20:15. Reason: necessary censorship
    "Not every thing on Earth requires an aftermarket upgrade." demigod/markm

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Last edited by charmcitycop; 09-21-13 at 16:28.

Feedback Score
    Provided the TAVOR is built to high standards, I don't see barrel length being an issue.

16" barrels by default or necessity are the standard in commercially available weapons for LE/Civi, and doesn't necessarily make a product worse than militarized versions.

Last edited by variablebinary; 01-19-12 at 10:58.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Maybe they thought the with the popularity of 16" carbine in the USA, they should be offering it with a 16" barrel? It would have been easier for them to just put on the barrels that they already produce instead of making new lengths though.

So what are the other changes than barrel length?

Feedback Score
    On my want list!!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    I don't believe that at all.

I think it is a combination of the SDI scandal and the current administration.
    Don't quite understand what the current administration has to do with it. I love my A3, but it is expensive compared to an AR. They also got hit at the bottom of the price/quality with MSAR which ate into their market share. When Sabre execs got prosecuted they lost their domestic partner. So you have soft economy, no local production partner, an expensive product (relative to ARs), and a lower priced clone. Combined with limited market appeal... No big surprise that they suspended production. They need to make 22 LR versions, a 9mm conversion, and different barrels/optics. They will never be able to compete on price, but they can make their offering more compelling.
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    They had to extend it to get past 16" barrel length and at the same time it happened to get past 26" OAL.

AN FS200 has a 17.5" barrel (extra barrel added to it) to meet OAL requirements. That was my point.

IMI could have just released the 18" barrel and been done with it which would already have meet non NFA requirements, instead of making another length barrel.
    You stated the rifle is a SBR beacuse it has a 15" barrel , not beacuse of OAL.

They both make it a SBR.

Maybe they designed it to satisy both requirements..... thats a novel idea. Maybe they realized that people would rather have the shortest possible rifle while being non-NFA, but Mr. K isint here to ask.
    Last edited by Failure2Stop; 01-19-12 at 20:17. Reason: necessary censorship

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The CTAR-21 has a 15" barrel. It is an SBR because of barrel length, not overall length.
    Maybe we just "dont get it".

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    The compactness of a bullpup such as the Tavor appeals to me for certain applications.

I have ZERO trigger time with a bullpup firearm, so please excuse my ignorance... But I have a question to ask.

With your face closer to the muzzle when firing a bull pup such as the Tavor or AUG, is the muzzle blast and noise noticeably more than if firing an AR platform with the same barrel length? I would assume so.

If it is, is it enough to be of concern? Or is it something you can notice the difference, but it's no big deal?

Page 6 of 31 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast