Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: For those wanting a TAVOR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    This piece looks neat. I am always looking for a quality bullpup. Bullpups have a unique manual of arms and have certain other issues that must be accounted for. However, it's compact profile and ease of use with one hand is a huge advantage when working in buildings and vehicles.

Now, without a doubt, this rifle will suffer from the same disease affecting everything that is not an AR, AK and possibly an FAL:

- Very little aftermarket support

- Lack of spare parts

- Poor price to performance ratio. At $1500 what is this rifle doing for you that an AR is not? At $3000+ are you telling me this rifle is twice as good as an AR? Really?
    Well, they sell for $2800 canadian so they would probably street here for $2300-$2500 based on that. Frankly tho reality says that the FS2000 is their direct competition so they would want to price it similar to that which brings us down to $2100 MSRP with a street of $1700.

Back to your question... is it better than an AR costing less. My opinion?... only in it's ability to conceal easier. effect on target is the same as it is with ALL 556 carbines.

Bottom line for me... the fs2000 beat it to the punch and basically got a cool welcome from the AR centric US market. I would expect the tavor to meet the same fate unless they added caliber conversions and affordable and copious amounts of spare parts and compatibility with AR mags. even then at best it would expect a 50% share of the bullpup market in the first 5 years.

at this point in my personal firearms training and development, a 556 carbine is a 556 carbine is a 556 carbine. I'll be fine with what I got.
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The tavor is the BEST bullpup out there bar none. You have to see how they break down to really appricate them. No other Bul could compete with it.

I dont know what aftermarket support you need? throw an optic on there, maybe a Can, and that's all you need. Hanging a bunch of shit off of it defeats the purpose of a small, light, pointable carbine that still retains acceptable ballistics.

What parts do you plan on breaking?

If they came out at $3K people would still buy them. There is a reason there is a 100 page thread of TOS about it. Sell them for just under 2K and they will outsell every other bullpup, and the piece of shit SCARS and ACR's.

Kinda hard to compare it pricewise to an AR, when there are 100's of companies making them and its a much cheaper rifle to build. I dont understand why people are complaining about geting more options as far as rifles go. Battle rifle wise, this is right up there with the AR/AK.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The magwell was great on the one I played around with at SHOT. Unlike the AUG clones I've used, this TAVOR variant inserted and spat out mags quite nicely.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    I would really like one but NOT for 2k. There is a ton of competition out there and I don't think they will sell very well if priced like an FS2000. You can get a FS2000 right now for 1450 and the rest of them sitting on gun store shelves for 2k are collecting dust. Their competition is not only other Bullpups but all 223/5.56 weapons.

and yes Americans like to buy things like Guns and Cars and modify them weather it makes sense or not.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    What parts do you plan on breaking?
    All machines have wear parts. Now, most 'shooters' in the US do not shoot enough to really wear out their rifles. However, it is not uncommon for a serious AR shooter to wear out a bbl at around 20k rounds. Throat erosion is a fairly common problem for 5.56mm rifles subjected to hard/long service. Fire control parts also tend to need replacement from time to time.

Running and gunning, especially in concrete buildings will often break the plastic bits on the rifle. In the old days, a day at a MOUT site meant the replacement of a few plastic handguards. Now we just round off the corners of the 1913 rails. I have seen receiver extensions bent and stocks broken. Life is hard for Infantry rifles. For a civilian shooter I would just like to know that I have supply of replacement parts in case I bent something.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I like the look . I would like to have one to go with my FS200.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I like the look . I would like to have one to go with my FS2000.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TurretGunner View Post
    Half of the worlds armies are using a bulpup or are moving towards one. Its not really an issue. When your firing in anger , muzzle blast is about 756th on your concern list.
    Unintentional humor here: The Israelis are the very first one of that half that actually think they may have to USE their rifles.

The Eurotrash bullpups are the result of idiocy and ignorance of what a fighting rifle needs to be.

Feedback Score
    The TAVOR is probably the biggest highlight of the show this year.

I can see the TAVOR + T1 being quite a popular combo later this year.

Start saving those pennies now, because the TAVOR will not be cheap.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    The TAVOR is probably the biggest highlight of the show this year.

I can see the TAVOR + T1 being quite a popular combo later this year.

Start saving those pennies now, because the TAVOR will not be cheap.
    You think it's going to be released this year?
    RLTW

Page 8 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast