Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Leupold Mark6 1-6x Optic Updates

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Does anyone know the aprox length and weight?
    I wonder if capped turrets could be an option.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    Does anyone know the aprox length and weight?
    I wonder if capped turrets could be an option.
    It would be nice on the CMR-W version. I think I'd want regular turrets on the TMR version though. I'd really like it if they had the Mark 8 style turrets.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Robb Jensen View Post
    Yes it was similar to the illumination of a Burris 1-4x XTR. IIRC the suggested retail is $1500
    At this price I'm all in!
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyC View Post
    It would be nice on the CMR-W version. I think I'd want regular turrets on the TMR version though. I'd really like it if they had the Mark 8 style turrets.
    The VXR I have has what I think of as target turrets, which on this I think are kind of pointless. On the 1-8 they seem to make a bit more sense. Not sure on the 1-6x.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    The VXR I have has what I think of as target turrets, which on this I think are kind of pointless. On the 1-8 they seem to make a bit more sense. Not sure on the 1-6x.
    Understandable, which is why I would desire turrets like the Mark 8 since you have the ability to quickly adjust them if necessary, but are unable to get whacked out of alignment with normal use. As a rule I generally hate uncapped turrets.
    I'm not cool. I just do this stuff for fun.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Put the H58 in that puppy and we are ready to rock!
    "After I shot myself, my training took over and I called my parents..." Texas Grebner

"Take me with a grain of salt, my sarcasm does not relate well over the internet"

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    Put the H58 in that puppy and we are ready to rock!
    Oh hell yeah, that would be a great match for an optic like this.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mkmckinley View Post
    Oh hell yeah, that would be a great match for an optic like this.
    THe one KevinB showed us has the H58

Jonathan Morehouse

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ICANHITHIMMAN View Post
    THe one KevinB showed us has the H58
    Too good to be true, there has to be a catch.... there's always a catch!!!

Seems like every time we get excited for something like this we get the rug pulled out from under us with some kind of missing feature or bad reticles etc....or a price point just shy of the national debt....

I was giving the USO 1-4 and the Swaro z6i a hard look. If they put that reticle in I'd definitely go for this!!!!!!!
    Last edited by wileecoyote; 01-18-12 at 23:30.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I'm seeing some prices coming out at or around $1950 as well for certain versions - these might be the CMR-W .308 versions with the larger H8 reticle, with a mount. I can hope.

Even if the final price ends up a bit north of $1500, I think the CQBSS type turrets with a smartly chosen BDC, a bright dot that has some decent battery life (I do like that it has off positions in between each of the 7 brightness settings).

Looks like the 34mm tube may not actually translate into a really large enough objective lens, unless the initial specs are a typo, it may actually be a 20mm obj.
    I'm also curious about the durability of the hinge and how watertight that illumination area is after opening it up.

Looks like cattails will still work, and the rear part of the housing staying static is great for running flip-up covers.

I just think the illumination is the only thing I'm waiting to really see - living in the desert means I get some pretty bright days, and if the reticle isn't great at the lowest magnification, then that would probably herd me to the older 1.1-4x Short Dot.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast