Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The only 1911 to compliment a Glock. Help me with information, and pictures.

Feedback Score

The only 1911 to compliment a Glock. Help me with information, and pictures.

Colt New Agent - Steel Frame - 9x19mm - DAO - No manual safety.

I just read about it in Guns & Ammo or some shit, and it had Robar work done to it.

I would send mine in to Robar for the same work if I bought one. (Without the NP3 coating. I'd rather have it Melonited.)

Looked amazing, even though in the magazine it was a .45ACP which doesn't interest me at all.

Neither do the described piece of shit ''tunnel'' sights.

It seems to be similar to a steel, single stack Glock, or kind of like a P7M8. Mostly due to bore axis, and manual of arms.

Earlier this year I said I had considered getting a compact 1911 to compliment my Glock for certain carry conditions, and I desired one made by S&W because it was the closest to what I wanted.

Well... Colt has gotten closer, and I still don't want to buy a Kahr.

So... what say the 1911 crew?

I'm looking for pictures, groups, reviews, range reports, class results, etc.

This gun will NEVER wear a suppressor. So it's not a factor. However it'll be fed with my carry load which is Federal 147 gr. JHP.

Thanks in advance, guys.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The New Agent DAO isn't a 1911. It looks like a warmed over Double Eagle. The DE ranks up there with the Colt All American 9mm as one of the worst things to ever come out of Hartford.
    Last edited by Amp Mangum; 01-15-12 at 07:53.
    I treat my lawnmower better than I treat my 1911.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I don't get it...

"Compliment" in what way?

Like... it looks like a Glock? or just a 9mm 1911?

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KalashniKEV View Post
    I don't get it...

"Compliment" in what way?

Like... it looks like a Glock? or just a 9mm 1911?
    Manual of arms, bore axis, and round.

Why is the New Agent regarded as a piece o' shit?
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LPMan59 View Post
    I hate.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post

Why is the New Agent regarded as a piece o' shit?
    Nobody said it was a POS. it's just that the Colt Double Eagle was and this new gun looks like a chopped version.

I personally have low expectations for the New Agent. But I can't call it names until it hits the streets and we see one way or the other.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    1911s, particularly in lengths less than 5" and in calibers other than .45 ACP, are more maintenance-intensive and more difficult to get (and keep) running than other platforms.

If you desire an easily-concealable, single-stack 9mm pistol and Kahr is not in the equation, I would look into a Walther PPS. A 3", 9mm 1911 is a "perfect storm" of reliability issues and headache for even the most dialed-in end user to work with and maintain.

Check out the articles at 10-8performance.com for more guidance on selecting a 1911 for duty/carry usage.
    "Walk tall, kick ass, learn to speak Arabic, love music and never forget that you come from a long line of truth-seekers, lovers and warriors." - Hunter S. Thompson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghettomedic View Post
    1911s, particularly in lengths less than 5" and in calibers other than .45 ACP, are more maintenance-intensive and more difficult to get (and keep) running than other platforms.

If you desire an easily-concealable, single-stack 9mm pistol and Kahr is not in the equation, I would look into a Walther PPS. A 3", 9mm 1911 is a "perfect storm" of reliability issues and headache for even the most dialed-in end user to work with and maintain.

Check out the articles at 10-8performance.com for more guidance on selecting a 1911 for duty/carry usage.
    Yeah. I think you might be right on all accounts. I've read that article, but I forgot about it.

Or I'll just try to find some better holsters for different clothing types. It's mostly cold here in Oregon, so I doubt it'll take much adjusting.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Perhaps the Glock 1911 just unveiled at SHOT would be the "perfect compliment".

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=34.017480,-118.147042

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast