Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ALG Defense's new ALG Combat Trigger (ACT)...

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    On the upside, your title is a little more cut and dry. The other one is about "more choices..." or something. Sounds good though. For the price I may have to try one.
    Yea,,thats my fault,, It was late and I came across the link on another Forum,(Not TOS) and tossed it up,,I should of mentioned Geissele in the title !! I guess I was so excited and amazed that I beat Trident to the punch on these I was beside myself,,LOL !!! Bottom line though I'm sure Trident knew about them and was waiting to gather ALL the info and Spec's instead of just throwing it out there like me !!!! Anyways,,THANKS for the Full scoop on these buddy,,keep us posted on these as I'm sure you will !!!!
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 01-20-12 at 09:30.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    This looks very promissing!!
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I know we'll be carrying them and bundling them with our selectors
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    TRIDENT82, how does this feel as compared to a stock KAC SR-15
    trigger?
    TIA.
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by UDT View Post
    TRIDENT82, how does this feel as compared to a stock KAC SR-15
    trigger?
    TIA.
    Good question, i'd also like to know the answer.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    UDT, OldGreg....I'll try to compare the two the best I can, however its important for me to note that I'm a very strong advocate for 2 stage trigger designs vs. single stage trigger designs, and these triggers are really totally different designs.

The KAC 2stage trigger's second stage wall (closest thing comparable to a single stage pull like the ACT), and then the actual break of the trigger is very clean, and relatively crisp...however not nearly on the level of the SD-E or SSA-E triggers, it's almost the same as the SSA and S2S trigger's break. It's first stage is about 3lbs, and then the second stage is about 1.5lbs. In terms of comparing how crisp, smooth, and clean the trigger pulls are between the ACT and KAC triggers...no questions asked, the KAC trigger feels significantly better. That said, it better considering it's a $300+ trigger, and has the benefit of abandoning the mil spec single stage trigger design which is so limiting in terms of refinement.

Now, if were comparing long term durability/reliability....no questions asked, the ACT trigger will far exceed the life of the KAC 2stage trigger that has been known to go tits up in rifles used in combat. The ACT trigger also has a non adjust design, whereas the KAC does have an adjust design.

A month or two ago, both the ACT and QMS triggers underwent 50,000 dry fires. Both units still felt good after testing was concluded. Both had a hammer spring break at about 30K.

I'd bet heavily that the KAC 2stage match trigger would fail well short of those totals above.

Jsop....I was told these triggers will be available in about 3 weeks from ADCO
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-20-12 at 11:49.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    As I posted on the other thread I think this is a great idea and I'm surprised it took this long for someone to really do it right. But I couldn't be happier than with Geissele (or technically ALG) doing it. I'm sure I'll be getting one of these to try out.

Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Nice, and loud audible reset as well.
    That's because the original GI style hammer was intended for pounding railroad spikes into solid rock. If ALG ever feels like a further evolution of this design I would chop off the unneeded hammer tail (not needed for semiauto, at least) and change springs as needed to get a faster lock time and less harsh operation.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Looks real good, I will be looking into one of these.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)

Impressive pull weight averages!!!

Wow, if you'll note above...I mentioned that the ACT unlike the vast majority of mil spec single stage triggers Ive ever shot, is actually predictable. After reliability, I value predictability secondly. Not only did I hate having to fight the hell out of 9.5lb-10.5lb triggers in my colt 6520s, but even more importantly, there was no way to tell when exactly the shot would break. This by extension made me focus tons of attention on thinking about pulling the trigger and when it would be actually breaking vs. keeping my attention on the target through the sights which is where all my attention should be. A great trigger is one in which you don't even know it's there.

So anyway, I was excited to check the pull weights on this trigger to get some actual data to support the statement I made above that was based purely on the feel of the trigger. I was quite surprised, and impressed with the 10 pull weight numbers. I also wanted to show the effects that properly greasing your contact surfaces will have upon the pull weight. I started of by removing all the grease on the surfaces that I had installed it with, and performed five pulls like that. Then I properly greased the surfaces, and performed another 10 pulls.

First five pull weights w/o trigger grease:

1.) 6.29
    2.) 6.61
    3.) 6.36
    4.) 6.24
    5.) 6.33
    ________
    Avg. pull weight: 6.366lbs Standard Deviation: .14363

Ten pull weights w/ trigger grease:

1.) 5.81
    2.) 5.85
    3.) 5.93
    4.) 5.98
    5.) 5.76
    6.) 5.92
    7.) 6.04
    8.) 5.74
    9.) 5.91
    10.) 6.08

I will have to refer back to my notes to be positive on the pull weight averages I recorded on 3 different S2S triggers, but I'm pretty sure that this ACT actually had a lower standard deviation than any of the S2S. Again, that pull weight avg. amount and the low standard deviation in the string is awesome to see.

I'm not sure if a vial of grease will come with these triggers since I didn't receive any, so that is one thing to be aware of.....do yourself a favor and pick up a small amt. of Aeroshell 6 or Mobil 28.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-20-12 at 14:59.

Feedback Score
    TRIDENT82;1203351]UDT, OldGreg....I'll try to compare the two the best I can, however its important for me to note that I'm a very strong advocate for 2 stage trigger designs vs. single stage trigger designs, and these triggers are really totally different designs.

TRIDENT82, thanks for the reply and the info.

UDT
    What can one man do? You never know until you try.

Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast