Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Best magazines for steel cased ammo

Feedback Score

Best magazines for steel cased ammo

Greetings,

Are polymer mags like Pmag or Thermold better than GI aluminum or stainless steel when using steel-cased ammo?

Cheers

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I've never heard of it making a difference and can't think of why it would. What made you come up with that question?
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I've never heard of it making a difference and can't think of why it would. What made you come up with that question?

Steel-cased ammo seems to slide better out of polymer mags easier when unloading them.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have gone through about 6000 rounds of wolf in the past two years. All through Pmags. No issues.

Feedback Score
    I shoot TulAmmo with Pmags no problems here.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Personally, I think its an excellent question. I can easily see where one could imagine it to be one way or the other.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    While I've never had problems firing Wolf/Barnaul from either PMags or GI mags, I do find it much easier to hand-unload a PMag if it becomes necessary. The added friction of the aluminum mag can make that a chore. This may or may not matter to you.
    Again, running rounds through the rifle, I've seen no difference.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I've ran steel case ammo in GI-mags to P-Mags it did not make a difference in my 16" DD or my 18" Mk12Mod1...but as others have said...loading a pmag is easier

Feedback Score
    I've ran steel cased ammo in the 10's of thousands of rounds fired through Pmags, D&H, and NHMTG mags. All work just fine, however...IMO, the Pmags seem to have the less drag on feeding non-lacquered steel cased ammo. If you get quality, well known mags, you should be just fine. I'd stay away from Thermolds unless that's all you have.
    For God and the soldier we adore, In time of danger, not before! The danger passed, and all things righted, God is forgotten and the soldier slighted." - Rudyard Kipling

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowspirit View Post
    Steel-cased ammo seems to slide better out of polymer mags easier when unloading them.
    Any ammo does IME.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast