Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: First Accessory

Feedback Score

First Accessory

*UPDATE BOTTOM OF PAGE TWO Sorry if this has been asked before but I didn't find it when I searched. I am planning on at least trying to get a Daniel Defense M4V3 this summer. I am wondering what accessory i should get for it first. Obviously the first thing is a rear sight (I'll probably get a DD fixed rear), but what after that? Eventually I would like to get an Aimpoint Micro T-1/H-1 (on LaRue 1/3 cowitness mount), a Blue Force Gear VCAS, a Magpul AFG, and an Elzetta ZFL-M60-LS2R. I'd like to know what to get first not based on price but on necessity (I know that's not the right word to use but I couldn't think of another). Anyway, thanks in advance for any replies I get and again, I apologize if this is a beaten to death subject.

Levi
    Last edited by levik97; 09-09-13 at 09:53. Reason: Update
    "They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Ammo.

Feedback Score
    In my personal priority order given your list?

1) Sling (like a holster for your rifle)
    1a) mags and ammo for practice
    2) Light (you should be able to see what you are shooting at)
    3) Red dot (you said you have irons, or I would put this at number 2)

All other things can come as time and money permits.
    Just my opinion. Others here may thing differently.
    Enjoy your rifle. DD makes a nice one...

Feedback Score
    84 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by El Pistolero View Post
    Ammo.
    And after you shoot that ammo, then you will have a better idea of what purchases to make.
    Last edited by bleaman225; 04-18-13 at 21:33.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ammo Before Accessories, Shoot Before Modifying

What you need are sights, ammo and mags in order to shoot.

If it were me, I'd get a weapon light, RDS and a sling. But if I had to choose between ammo and any of these three items, I would buy ammo.

But then, that's what I tell all the noobies
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    Yeah, a gun's pretty much useless without ammo haha

Levi
    "They who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ammo, and a training class. All the accessories in the world may look cool, but they're useless if you can't operate the weapon properly. Learn to shoot well using irons first.
    A man with a gun is a citizen. A man without a gun is a subject.

Feedback Score
    42 (100%)
    Ammo, mags, training class.

After that, next on the list would be sling and light followed by RDS when funds more available.

Followed by more ammo.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by NYH1 View Post
    Magpul AFG2
    Haha I don't actually have it yet. I'll be working my ass off to get it though. Also, I'm trying to get mags and ammo now before the Colorado ban so hopefully that will be covered. As for training, I can shoot an AR-15 well and I don't have the funds in the foreseeable future for an actual class and NE Colorado doesn't have a whole lot of choices for classes anyway. Also, I probably won't get all of the accessories for a year or so.

Levi

Feedback Score
    115 (100%)
    Ammo and good mags are a necessity, not really accessories.

Your DD should already come with a set of fixed sights I'd imagine. Otherwise yes the DD fixed irons are the cats meow.

After that get a good sling, VCAS comes to mind. Like previously mentioned, its like a holster for a handgun.

After that a good light. Also, like previously mentioned, you need to know what you are shooting at.

Red Dot of some sort is the last thing I'd put on there. If it came down to a class/ammo vs a red dot for my money it would be the training.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast