Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ALG Defense's new ALG Combat Trigger (ACT)...

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Trident:

Any reason you did not circle the contact areas/interface between the trigger nose and hammer notch? Seems that would affect trigger pull more than the disconnector circled.

Mark

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Trident:

Any reason you did not circle the contact areas/interface between the trigger nose and hammer notch? Seems that would affect trigger pull more than the disconnector circled.

Mark
    I'll just go ahead and post this.

Patrolman
    USMC 0621
    Brass Junkie

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mpom View Post
    Trident:

Mark
    I was thinking that too. The disconnector surfaces won't affect trigger pull, since they aren't even touching as you pull the trigger. The sear surfaces (trigger nose to hammer notch) aren't reachable when the hammer is cocked, but you can simply control the hammer with your thumb while releasing it, lube the surfaces and then re-cock for reassembly. That's what I do.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    ALG ordered, can't wait to give it a spin in the new project.

Thanks, Grant!
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
    Damn, just a day late.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    My ALG-ACT did just fine at during Northern Red Carbine Inception class. It was nice enough that i never even noticed it, which is a good thing. I look forward to shooting with it more!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    TRIDENT, do you have data for the trigger pull weights on the SSA triggers from your own tests?

I currently have a few of them, LUV THEM! The thing I like about them is the predictability - the first stage is always the same and once pull reaches the resistance of the second it will break, no creep whatsoever.
    Last edited by brzusa.1911; 03-12-12 at 16:53.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I received an ALG ACT from Grant on Friday and, being curious, installed it in a lower that night. So far I have only dry-fired it, but given the surface finishes I'm not expecting any significant changes within a moderate round count. Frankly, I'm not very impressed. I believe that it DOES meet all the claims made by ALG Defense, but really all this is is a GI type trigger that sucks less than the worse end of GI triggers. I would say trigger pull on mine is between 6-7lbs (calibrated finger) and that's after greasing the sear surfaces and a couple dozen dry fires. There is noticeable creep, although the break is sharper than most GI triggers.

All in all the feel is completely identical to a Spike's Tactical "battle trigger" (NiB coated pieces) that I've been using occasionally for about a year. Not a huge surprise given that both companies are using the LW Schneider parts ("S" marked) and using similar surface treatments. The ALG would still be the better choice IMHO given the precision and treated pins and the well-earned reputation of Geissele products, but they are functionally the same, so far as I can tell.

I have non-special GI style triggers that have a lighter and smoother function than either of those, although not a sharper break. Most are not "S" marked and may be inferior products (i.e. risk of breakage or wear issues) but in use so far they are smoother.

As an aside, the nickel-teflon plated disconnector I received shows tearing marks around all of its edges from the stamping die. There was a thread last year where some people thought that was a serious defect that required sending parts back (I believe that was discussing a Spike's FCG identified as such). I've seen it on almost all GI style disconnectors I've seen in the last 1-2 years, from several different makes, so I'm assuming that is normal now and perfectly acceptable.

I'll keep using my higher-end Geissele triggers, which I find to be in a whole different class, so still a win for Bill...

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    I measured the ACT and the trigger pull was in the 5LBS range. Good deal for the money.

C4

Page 11 of 25 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast