Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: ALG Defense's new ALG Combat Trigger (ACT)...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Here's an update on my ACT trigger. As posted earlier my selector was difficult to move to the safe position while the bolt was locked to the rear. Amy sent me a new trigger no questions asked and I received it earlier today. I was glad to discover that the replacement trigger works perfect. With the bolt locked rearward the selector now works as it should. As an added bonus the trigger is improved over the prior one. It has a slightly lighter pull and absolutely zero creep. The one that was replaced, even after 1300 or so dry and live fire pulls, still had a small amount of grit. Great service from Amy and the rest of the ALG/Geissele crew.

-Jax
    Really glad to hear that your squared away now as your certainly one of the good guys around here, and voices such as yours should be listened to when they express a concern, or problem about a particular piece of kit.

Nobody is perfect, and no widget is perfect...however I think Amy & Bill make for a fantastic insurance policy against the inevitable lemon or two. They have the right "the customer is always right even if they aren't " attitude I've found most successful businesses have.

Thanks for keeping us abreast on that....hopefully anyone else who has an issue will have it straightened away asap as well.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 07-18-12 at 01:12.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Here's an update on my ACT trigger. As posted earlier my selector was difficult to move to the safe position while the bolt was locked to the rear. Amy sent me a new trigger no questions asked and I received it earlier today. I was glad to discover that the replacement trigger works perfect. With the bolt locked rearward the selector now works as it should. As an added bonus the trigger is improved over the prior one. It has a slightly lighter pull and absolutely zero creep. The one that was replaced, even after 1300 or so dry and live fire pulls, still had a small amount of grit. Great service from Amy and the rest of the ALG/Geissele crew.

-Jax
    Indicative of a class-act company. So many others make excuses. These guys make it happen.
    "Men speak of natural rights, but I challenge any one to show where in nature any rights existed or were recognized until there was established for their declaration and protection a duly promulgated body of corresponding laws." --Calvin Coolidge

Feedback Score
    The ALG trigger is a great improvement over the stock unit, it's one of the single best small budget mods you can do to your rifle, that and a BCM charging handle.

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Finally got my ALG ACT installed and I have a question! I saw the post about the ALG ACT not allowing the safety to engage when the bolt is blocked back. I do not have exactly that problem with the safety not working BUT I have noticed that when I lock my bolt back that when I toggle between FIRE and SAFE, I have a noticeable notchy-ness. It's like the safety is hitting on something half way between FIRE and SAFE.

I'm able to push with slight force to get it all the way to SAFE but checking this, it does NOT happen when the bolt it forward.

Reading the issues here, I'm worried something is hitting. I don't want to wear any parts prematurely so I thought I would get other ALG user opinions on this. Is this normally or no?

I did take it out and put a few hundred rounds threw my rifle with the new trigger. I've oiled and cleaned, greased, flipped the safety on and off in every mode trying to smooth it out, the notchy-ness isn't going away when the bolts back.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 07-22-12 at 08:30.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
    Finally got my ALG ACT installed and I have a question! I saw the post about the ALG ACT not allowing the safety to engage when the bolt is blocked back. I do not have exactly that problem with the safety not working BUT I have noticed that when I lock my bolt back that when I toggle between FIRE and SAFE, I have a noticeable notchy-ness. It's like the safety is hitting on something half way between FIRE and SAFE.

I'm able to push with slight force to get it all the way to SAFE but checking this, it does NOT happen when the bolt it forward.

Reading the issues here, I'm worried something is hitting. I don't want to wear any parts prematurely so I thought I would get other ALG user opinions on this. Is this normally or no?

I did take it out and put a few hundred rounds threw my rifle with the new trigger. I've oiled and cleaned, greased, flipped the safety on and off in every mode trying to smooth it out, the notchy-ness isn't going away when the bolts back.
    PM sent

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post

I have the ALG QMS trigger and this is happening with my trigger. With the bolt open it feels like the safety selector is rubbing against something.

If there is a fix for this I would like to know

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by skittles View Post
    I have the ALG QMS trigger and this is happening with my trigger. With the bolt open it feels like the safety selector is rubbing against something.

Have you compared the parts side by side with the ones previously in your rifle?

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skittles View Post

Skittles,

I should have done this before I sent my old ACT back but do you have access to a micrometer and if so can you mic the rear section of the trigger bar?

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score

Fix

There are a couple of things going on.

The ACT is plated and this adds material to the trigger/hammer and pins. This extra material reduces the clearance with the safety with the bolt locked back. With this reduction in clearance there can be a tolerance interference from trigger to weapon. In some guns there is no problem and in others the safety is hard to turn into safe with the bolt locked back.

With the QMS the same thing can happen due to the larger diameter pins. The poster above is the only case I have heard with the QMS.

The fix is to use normal, stock diameter pins. We are making stock sized nickel teflon and oxided pins that we will send out to anyone who has problems. They will be ready in about three weeks or so.

In the meantime try the stock pins in your trigger and this should take care of most issues until the ALG pins are ready.

Feedback Score
    Redhat, I did compare the parts. I didn't notice any differences that would tell me the new parts would function differently.

Jaxman7, No micrometer.

Quote Originally Posted by sagmill View Post
    There are a couple of things going on.

The ACT is plated and this adds material to the trigger/hammer and pins. This extra material reduces the clearance with the safety with the bolt locked back. With this reduction in clearance there can be a tolerance interference from trigger to weapon. In some guns there is no problem and in others the safety is hard to turn into safe with the bolt locked back.

With the QMS the same thing can happen due to the larger diameter pins. The poster above is the only case I have heard with the QMS.

The fix is to use normal, stock diameter pins. We are making stock sized nickel teflon and oxided pins that we will send out to anyone who has problems. They will be ready in about three weeks or so.

In the meantime try the stock pins in your trigger and this should take care of most issues until the ALG pins are ready.
    I will give this a try and report back. Thanks

Page 21 of 25 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast