Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425

Thread: ALG Defense's new ALG Combat Trigger (ACT)...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Love mine!

Feedback Score
    I love the ALGs: Smooth as butter and pretty inexpensive.

Unfortunately, I made the mistake of buying the Geissele SSA and now I can't go back anything else

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I had the safety selector issue with the BCG locked back on my Stag Arms lower but my BCM lower didn't. It looks to me like the bolt carrier in the rearward position will push down slightly on the cocked hammer. The hammer in turn, presses on the trigger and rocks the rear of the trigger up. The rear of the trigger is the part that engages the safety selector by design.

The trigger with a problem in the Stag receiver had pins that measured 0.1540" diameter according to my Mitutoyo digital calipers. ALG sent me four replacement pins that all measured, yup, 0.1540". As expected, there was no change when swapping pins. They then sent me two replacement trigger groups. I measured the height of the trigger bar where it interfaces the safety and the new triggers measured 0.3270" and 0.3295" tall. Compared with my problematic trigger which measured 0.3285". I chose the smaller 0.3270" to install. It provided just enough clearance that my safety selector can function, albeit with some resistance, when the BCG is locked back. The newer triggers have noticeably thinner plating and the surface is not as smooth in appearance.

Once again, ALG comes through with excellent customer service, but I would suggest anyone who encounters this problem to make take these basic measurements of pin diameter and trigger bar height as a comparison. In my case, thinner plating and trigger height difference of 0.0015" was just enough to allow the safety selector to function with the BCG locked back.

Also, triggers on ARs with this issue will have no play when the selector is on safe. Normally, I think the trigger should have slight rearward play before it hits the safety bar on safe.
    Last edited by crosseyedshooter; 09-26-13 at 19:59.

Feedback Score
    Installed an ACT on a new build today; Aero Precision lower. Trigger is smooth, crisp with no mushiness. No safety problems, all functions as it should.

Pleased with the feel and the price.
    USMC, 21 years and 21 days. But who was counting?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I installed an Act about four months ago in my Spike's lower. I'm running a BCM bcg, and a BCM upper, and have had no issues with the safety. 700 rds since the install and I am quite happy with it. Very smooth, esp with a little grease. Does have a little take up, but a very nice pull and a clean break. Huge improvement over the standard mil spec that originally came with the lower. Don't be afraid of this trigger. Its backed up by a top notch company.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    Wouldn't this indicate that the Stag lower is out of spec?

Quote Originally Posted by crosseyedshooter View Post
    I had the safety selector issue with the BCG locked back on my Stag Arms lower but my BCM lower didn't. It looks to me like the bolt carrier in the rearward position will push down slightly on the cocked hammer. The hammer in turn, presses on the trigger and rocks the rear of the trigger up. The rear of the trigger is the part that engages the safety selector by design.

The trigger with a problem in the Stag receiver had pins that measured 0.1540" diameter according to my Mitutoyo digital calipers. ALG sent me four replacement pins that all measured, yup, 0.1540". As expected, there was no change when swapping pins. They then sent me two replacement trigger groups. I measured the height of the trigger bar where it interfaces the safety and the new triggers measured 0.3270" and 0.3295" tall. Compared with my problematic trigger which measured 0.3285". I chose the smaller 0.3270" to install. It provided just enough clearance that my safety selector can function, albeit with some resistance, when the BCG is locked back. The newer triggers have noticeably thinner plating and the surface is not as smooth in appearance.

Once again, ALG comes through with excellent customer service, but I would suggest anyone who encounters this problem to make take these basic measurements of pin diameter and trigger bar height as a comparison. In my case, thinner plating and trigger height difference of 0.0015" was just enough to allow the safety selector to function with the BCG locked back.

Also, triggers on ARs with this issue will have no play when the selector is on safe. Normally, I think the trigger should have slight rearward play before it hits the safety bar on safe.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    I run 2 guns with ACT trigger groups and love them both, but... I do use a trigger takeup adjustment screw on my builds to allow me to fine tune the amount of takeup down to a minimum. I have taken a mil-spec trigger group and reworked it to become a precision trigger group with the takeup adjuster and a handful of hours of polishing and honing, but the ACT trigger group gave all that smoothness right out of the box.

Another one will be going in my LR308 precision rifle build soon..
    Beware of Dog. Shoots to kill...

Feedback Score
    All my AR's have them now. I've had TTU's, the more expensive Geissele's, and stock parts kit triggers to compare. I just like the great value, medium weight pull, and tried and true design of them.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 15232425