Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: ALG Defense's new ALG Combat Trigger (ACT)...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    Trident thanks for the measurements on the ALG trigger. Can you do a the same test with a standard trigger group and/or the QMS version for a comparison.
    Unfortunately I've given away every standard mil spec single stage trigger I've ever owned in the past. Even if I did have one or two of them left, it really wouldn't serve a comparison very well given that almost ever standard trigger Ive ever tried or owned felt different than the next. So I would really need a large sample size of them in order to get an average pull weight that would even be useful to compare with. For example I could potentially be using one of the really rare good standard triggers, or I could be using one of the most horrendous standard triggers for the comparison. That is another reason why these ACT triggers should be really appealing to some given that even if they aren't the greatest and smoothest feeling triggers known to man, you will know exactly what your getting each time with them. One could even use this advantage to create trigger pull/weight commonality across all the ARs they own. Conversely, one could buy three consecutively serialized Colt 6920s, and will very likely end up with three different feeling trigger/pull weights.

I didn't receive a QMS trigger, so I can't compare it to the ACT.

Sorry I couldn't be any help on those comparisons, I do have quite a few averages on a number of other triggers like the S2Ss, SSAs, SD-E, and most recently the SD-3G but I'm not sure it will help you out any.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-21-12 at 03:19.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    This is hitting the market at a really good time for me. I have an old lower with a DPMS parts kit inside that I was planning to gut and give to my brother. I think I'll buy a few of these, and a simple G&R LPK, rebuild the lower, and then give it to him.

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    This is hitting the market at a really good time for me. I have an old lower with a DPMS parts kit inside that I was planning to gut and give to my brother. I think I'll buy a few of these, and a simple G&R LPK, rebuild the lower, and then give it to him.
    We will be changing the FCG that comes in our LPK's with these two trigger options.

C4

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Sorry I couldn't be any help on those comparisons, I do have quite a few averages on a number of other triggers like the S2Ss, SSAs, SD-E, and most recently the SD-3G but I'm not sure it will help you out any.
    No big deal Trident, thanks for the info. I've noticed this as well with all of my standard mil spec triggers, some are creepier and heavier than others. I was never fond of putting a $170+ Timney or Geissele trigger in my combat ARs and having a non standard part. This QMS trigger really interests me to keep the triggers between my ARs consistent at a great price point.

Feedback Score
    Grant, I've been holding off on ordering the LPK for a new rifle because your kits show out of stock. I was planning on ordering a SD-E and putting it in my current gun, and moving that gun's SSA to the new one.

If you bundle these in with your kits, that would be awesome. Any ballpark on when they will be available?
    "Man is still the first weapon of war" - Field Marshal Montgomery

The Everyday Marksman

Feedback Score
    You state that its safe to paint. Would it be a bad idea to have the trigger bow powder coated, as it wouldnt wear off like paint?
    Last edited by NewbAR; 01-22-12 at 01:07.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I don't see why it would be a problem to powder coat vs. paint it.

This ACT trigger goes great with SS barrels You can tell instantly from looking at this trigger that it's not of the standard trigger variety.

Last edited by ALCOAR; 01-22-12 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post

This ACT trigger goes great with SS barrels You can tell instantly from looking at this trigger that it's not of the standard trigger variety.
    It's forged with "S" like a bunch of pedestrian GI triggers.

I picked one up at SHOT and will be interested to see how it feels.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    aw dang it... wanting to try out the nickel boron (hardlube) concept on a single stage trigger, I went with the single-stage Spikes Battle Trigger before these came out and it is very nice.

if these are anything like the Spikes trigger - and I'm sure coming from Giessele they will be at least as good if not better - this will be all I will be putting on my defensive carbines from now on.
    never push a wrench...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want one of these. How do I get them? Does ALG sell direct?
    Winning hearts and minds in lovely TexMexistan

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast