Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

Thread: SHOT Show 2015 Pictures (From SMGLee)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    Looks like this handguard system is a winner. I dont think Ill ever find my self hanging off a helo skid by my sling, but I do see a new solid well made handguard in my future.

BTW, do you happen to have weight of your rail with and without the barrel nut?
    I did a full review for the HK guy... HK416/MR556 Geissele Rail

The HK rifles already have the same type bbl nut that will come with the AR, but not sure of the weight of it. I personally don't notice the extra weight from the added length (+5.5 inches) probably because it's so slim and comfortable to hold. Then again, it's an HK and known to be on the heavy side of the M4 variants. So I'm used to it.

I did do the math when comparing the stock 9 in HK rail to the G-rail per inch and the Geissele rail was .2 oz lighter per inch. That included the QD that's already built into the HK Geissele rail. My guess is that the AR will be slightly lighter than the HK version.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Turns out I received a reply email a little over 30 mins. after I sent my initial one...quite attentive to say the least I'll just post the short and sweet of the reply........

Availability: Forecast predicts the first ones available for sale to arrive next week...with the bullseye being Weds. I'm inclined to think this will be accurate as well.

Pricing: Prices are as follows. Black: 15” $375, 13”$345. Sand color will be $25 more. Each rail comes with the rail, cinch bolts, two allen wrenches, two short accessory rail and one long accessory rail with proper screws along with a barrel wrench that will install our barrel nut but also take off the stock one.

Rail nomenclature naming: I'll ask for you guys to weigh in if you'd like to about the name of these rails which will be:

The Geissele Super Modular Rail or SMR, MK1

I really like that name, and after thinking on it for a bit....I couldn't find any other rail that had similar or like namings. This is important to know prior to releasing the rails

Now some of you might have just caught on with the naming stuff that the MK1 term was used.....and not to your disappointment's, there will indeed be a MK2 being produced for later release. Which is something that I had not a clue about until just now reading it. I find this to be very big news in terms of both pleasing additional future potential buyer's wants/needs/budget, but also in terms of Geissele already letting the consumer/market know that they intend to aggressively attack and capture a piece of the AR rail segment. So essentially it appears to my own eyes that these initial rail models won't be 80's one hit wonders, but rather the beginning of a complete GA rail lineup.

So anyway, the SMR MK2.....

" I actually have another version of this rail coming out in two months or so. It will still use the same precision barrel nut system but will be less expensive, it will still have accessory rails but there will be some differences to make manufacturing easier. This will be the SMR MK2. I THINK prices will be about $75 less. "

Lastly, GA most certainly listens to M4C's opinion even when their presence isn't actually in the threads...and this discussion is a case and point. The following is a quote from Bill that shows that they didn't need "tipping off to the M4C audience", as they already had directly listened to some of you and already instituted changes in these rail's future designs based on them.

" I listened to the guys on M4 carbine who had mentioned a lack of anti rotation device on the rails I showed at shot so we figured one out and its incorporated in these rails. They are truly bomb proof. I need to find that thread (it might be the one you sent me) and get those guys address so I can hook them up for their good advice. "

It's so rare to be listened to by companies, and for them to put you first and foremost of importance when producing a product for a true hard use fighting rifle. Hard to even put a dollar value on what this brings to the table, but I think it's a large part of why folks should never have a problem spending a little more when buying Geissele built quality.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-14-12 at 21:47.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Turns out I received a reply email a little over 30 mins. after I sent my initial one...quite attentive to say the least I'll just post the short and sweet of the reply........

Availability: Forecast predicts the first ones available for sale to arrive next week...with the bullseye being Weds. I'm inclined to think this will be accurate as well.

Pricing: Prices are as follows. Black: 15” $375, 13”$345. Sand color will be $25 more. Each rail comes with the rail, cinch bolts, two allen wrenches, two short accessory rail and one long accessory rail with proper screws along with a barrel wrench that will install our barrel nut but also take off the stock one.

Rail nomenclature naming: I'll ask for you guys to weigh in if you'd like to about the name of these rails which will be:

The Geissele Super Modular Rail or SMR, MK1

I really like that name, and after thinking on it for a bit....I couldn't find any other rail that had similar or like namings. This is important to know prior to releasing the rails

Now some of you might have just caught on with the naming stuff that the MK1 term was used.....and not to your disappointment's, there will indeed be a MK2 being produced for later release. Which is something that I had not a clue about until just now reading it. I find this to be very big news in terms of both pleasing additional future potential buyer's wants/needs/budget, but also in terms of Geissele already letting the consumer/market know that they intend to aggressively attack and capture a piece of the AR rail segment. So essentially it appears to my own eyes that these initial rail models won't be 80's one hit wonders, but rather the beginning of a complete GA rail lineup.

So anyway, the SMR MK2.....

" I actually have another version of this rail coming out in two months or so. It will still use the same precision barrel nut system but will be less expensive, it will still have accessory rails but there will be some differences to make manufacturing easier. This will be the SMR MK2. I THINK prices will be about $75 less. "

Lastly, GA most certainly listens to M4C's opinion even when their presence isn't actually in the threads...and this discussion is a case and point. The following is a quote from Bill that shows that they didn't need "tipping off to the M4C audience", as they already had directly listened to some of you and already instituted changes in these rail's future designs based on them.

" I listened to the guys on M4 carbine who had mentioned a lack of anti rotation device on the rails I showed at shot so we figured one out and its incorporated in these rails. They are truly bomb proof. I need to find that thread (it might be the one you sent me) and get those guys address so I can hook them up for their good advice. "

It's so rare to be listened to by companies, and for them to put you first and foremost of importance when producing a product for a true hard use fighting rifle. Hard to even put a dollar value on what this brings to the table, but I think it's a large part of why folks should never have a problem spending a little more when buying Geissele built quality.
    Trident82:

FYI...Your mailbox is full.......

Feedback Score
    +1 Trident. He's a true believer that if he makes something special..."the creme will rise." And that special comes from his good listening on solid feedback.

I'm also liking the name Geissele SMR MK1. I was just wondering what product name designation he would give it. I hope this one sticks.

Thanks for sharing!

Feedback Score
    55 (100%)
    Good news! Thanks for the update.

forFreedom, great looking rifle and thanks for the info.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My pleasure brother.

I learned some more info today, and now I do believe end users will see these rails hit their hands any day now. I also learned some other things going down at GA that are incredibly exciting.

I'll refrain from going any further on that point at the moment since I don't even have any secret squirrel info yet, but suffice to say that Geissele Automatics won't be known as just a trigger company much longer...I see now why they just brought in ultra high dollar machines and moved into a brand new shop, they are doing some serious things!

If my wildest fantasies become a reality, I'll have a number of pics, and some early info, and thoughts in regards to the 13" SMR MK1 tommorow evening
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-15-12 at 20:13.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Singlestack....my bad brother, I need to get on top of that and will clean it up asap. If you can, hit me up via the email link I have on here as it's always nice to talk a little shop with you.

So yesterday morning I had no imminent plans for one of these rails, but yesterday afternoon I learned that one had just shipped out, and was headed my way....well, less than 24 hrs. after being shipped I just had the visit from the brown truck (most appropriate use of an emoticon I've made in a really long time)

Until I gather some early thoughts, and take several quality pics, I'll post a little something to get the appetite wet....

Several things will honestly blow you away on this rail immediately upon touching it and seeing it....but the way this damn thing feels in your hand is certainly unlike anything Ive ever even come close to feeling. The top coat finishing has a wildly awesome texture to it...again nothing like I've ever felt or seen before.

Also the barrel nut design is sheer genius...talk about reduced upper/barrel flex, and also talk about superior heat dissipation properties over everything I would imagine except for LMT's monolithic chassis and the way in which it captures the barrel. So much weakness enters into the equation via a traditional AR barrel/upper hookup, and by extension the traditional barrel nut that holds everything together.

Oh yeah, see that install tool included.....that thing should be worth at least $30-40, and basing it off the URX wrench it should be worth over a $100. Its not like a DPMS or one time use tool, this thing is truly built a little too well...especially considering that at SHOT show IIrc these weren't even to be included with the rails. This touch alone will win many folks over I promise.
    Last edited by ALCOAR; 06-16-12 at 10:45.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    When and where can we purchase these rails?

The wait is killer, as this is the perfect rail for my precision .223 upper.

Trident, if possible I would like to see pics of the barrel nut when installed on the rifle. From what I've read this geiselle rail will secure the barrel like none other. FWIW, I'm also thinking of KAC URX 3.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
    Also the barrel nut design is sheer genius...
    Barrel nut is actually "patterned" after HK416 barrel nut.
    Montrala

I'm sponsored competition shooter representing Heckler&Koch, Kahles, Hornady and Typhoon Defence brands in Poland, so I can be biased

http://montrala.blogspot.com

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    this rail is beautiful, but that pricing just made me cry a little bit. more than likely thats going to rule it out for me....

Page 10 of 182 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast