Quote Originally Posted by TRIDENT82 View Post
The "professional" user sadly doesn't get to take advantage of the rather mind pondering benefits of all the various neat looking polymer covers/rail panels since they have a very famous history of going tits up immediately when used in combat.

Oddly enough a pair of $15 base model Mechanix gloves provide an equal solution to the latest high speed rail cover.
Spot on. I have had covers come off plenty of times. The only ones I really trust are the ones from KAC. I would think that a properly attached screw on cover would be on as good as any back up sight.

Quote Originally Posted by C4IGrant View Post
No, not really. There are these special, exotic things called "Gloves" that mitigate the need for panels.

I haven't used panels in YEARS and have somehow survived.
C4
I could personally care less if any of my firearms show signs of use. You guys are both right about gloves, they do the job of protecting your hands from heat. Having very limited experience with the slick handguards I would think that having panels where you grip the handguard would help with traction as well as protect your hands from heat.

Any word on when the rail is going to be for sale? Grant, will you be selling them?