Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The SKS rifle and pending legislation

Feedback Score

The SKS rifle and pending legislation

Would a factory stock SKS qualify as an "assault weapon" under Feinstein's proposed legislation?

Feedback Score
    Yes. 1 or more "assault" features.

Feedback Score
    It doesn't matter. Nothing in her bill will pass the house.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by USMC8531RET View Post
    It doesn't matter. Nothing in her bill will pass the house.
    This time they are going full retard with this. They'll push it with all their power. If you underestimate their determination you'll end up like us, here up north.
    The whole thing is moving so fast and I would be surprised if they are not negociating with the republicans some sort of deal with the fiscal cliff legislation. They'll push it in imediatlely after hollydays, before the oposition can organize and before you know it, you have the ban in effect.
    NRA has been really weak so far. It doesn't look good.
    They have a list of 130 firearms they will ban outright, by name. This is a very dangerous thing. They can just add things to the list as they come out. They do that up here in Canada. The SCAR was in RCMP hands for aproval for three years. They couldn't make it go full auuto, but two months ago they still made it prohibited.
    This will kill half the industry if it becomes law. You may be able to keep what you have, if you register it, but they will force most of this companies that make semiautos to stop production.
    Last edited by Jaws; 12-27-12 at 21:22.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    This time they are going full retard with this. They'll push it with all their power. If you underestimate their determination you'll end up like us, here up north.
    The whole thing is moving so fast and I would be surprised if they are not negociating with the republicans some sort of deal with the fiscal cliff legislation. They'll push it in imediatlely after hollydays, before the oposition can organize and before you know it, you have the ban in effect.
    NRA has been really weak so far. It doesn't look good.
    They have a list of 130 firearms they will ban outright, by name. This is a very dangerous thing. They can just add things to the list as they come out. They do that up here in Canada. The SCAR was in RCMP hands for aproval for three years. They couldn't make it go full auuto, but two months ago they still made it prohibited.
    This will kill half the industry if it becomes law. You may be able to keep what you have, if you register it, but they will force most of this companies that make semiautos to stop production.
    They will push but their power in the house is not enough.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Apeal to the moderators. Please don't move this thread to the general discusion. Not everyone has 200 posts to be able to post comments there.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    They will push but their power in the house is not enough.
    Pat
    They can bargain with the fiscal cliff thingy and get republicans on board. If it doesn't fly, Obama will still try to push it with Executive Order.
    I think the only thing that will stop this madness, would be mass protests and very strong declarations of defiance.
    From what I've seen so far, in all his decisions, Obama will back away if he sees strong resistance.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    They can bargain with the fiscal cliff thingy and get republicans on board. If it doesn't fly, Obama will still try to push it with Executive Order.
    I think the only thing that will stop this madness, would be mass protests and very strong declarations of defiance.
    From what I've seen so far, in all his decisions, Obama will back away if he sees strong resistance.
    This has been covered in several threads. But they would be stupid to bargain away the gun rights of the 99% in exchange for letting the 1% keep there lower tax rates. Lots more voters in the 99%. As with the executive order it has limits he can not just make new law. The USA is not a dictatorship.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskapopo View Post
    This has been covered in several threads. But they would be stupid to bargain away the gun rights of the 99% in exchange for letting the 1% keep there lower tax rates. Lots more voters in the 99%. As with the executive order it has limits he can not just make new law. The USA is not a dictatorship.
    Pat
    It all depends who the republicans want to stand for. They'll have to chose between firearm companies or banks and large multinational enterprises.

I hope you can stop them. A ban in US will make our life up here very hard, with hard to find parts, rifles and ammunition. It's already a pain importing anything from US.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Lightbulb

The same people who say the anti's won't push through a ban are the same ones that said Obamacare would not become law and that Barry would not get re-elected . . .
    "In a nut shell, if it ever goes to Civil War, I'm afraid I'll be in the middle 70%, shooting at both sides" — 26 Inf

"We have to stop demonizing people and realize the biggest terror threat in this country is white men, most of them radicalized to the right, and we have to start doing something about them." — CNN's Don Lemon 10/30/18

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast