Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavor bullpup slated for release this year in USA

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TWA View Post
    We are planning to start shipping in late October/early November, if all goes well.
    Awesome, any price point so I can start saving now?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vinesr6 View Post
    Awesome, any price point so I can start saving now?
    I've heard around $2,000 for the basic model up to $2,500 for the one with optic.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Hmm, interesting. If it has a not-awful trigger, is reliable, and is accurate enough for regular service rifle standards, I'd consider buying one.

Regarding the trigger, I know it's a bullpup so I'm not expecting anything like a Geissele SSA. I just hope it's not like the FS2000's 13lb trigger that made my trigger finger feel like it just did a set of heavy weights at the gym after a 30rd mag.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Your Israeli policeman friend is not up to date on what the army is using there. The IDF is currently using, and has been using for a few years, the Tavor and the Micro-Tavor, in large numbers. See: Tavor on Wikipedia . "It is the standard issued weapon of the Israeli infantry. The MTAR-21 (Micro Tavor) was recently selected as the future assault rifle of the Israeli Defense Forces, and some infantry division are being issued with the rifle, replacing the bigger and standard TAR-21."
    Could be. We saw approx. 200 Soldiers during our stay, and the only thing I saw them carrying was the older A1-A2 AR type rifles. Maybe they were units in training, and not front line troops.
    "Every step we take towards making the State our Caretaker of our lives, by that much we move toward making the State our Master." Dwight D. Eisenhower

Feedback Score
    Sorry, but not gonna happen anytime soon.
    I assume you mean the 6.8 kit.

Have you considered nitrided barrels? I know from experience they are more durable, more corrosion resistant and more accurate than chrome lined. I am not sure if they are more cost effective though.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swatdude1 View Post

Have you considered nitrided barrels? I know from experience they are more durable, more corrosion resistant and more accurate than chrome lined. I am not sure if they are more cost effective though.
    Details?

I haven't been able to find much info about durability of hardchrome vs nitride.

H

Feedback Score

Yes, I was referring to your wish for the 6.8.

And no, we are not considering nitrided barrels. IWI US wants to build the semi-auto for the US market in as close a configuration as possible to what they build in Israel.
    Michael Kassnar, VP of Sales & Marketing
    IWI US, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Hello Mr. Kassnar,

Do you have information for FFL holders, where will the rifles be distributed from? What wholesalers so I can get on their list now.
    Or will they all go straight from your company-thanks!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halmbarte View Post
    Details?

I haven't been able to find much info about durability of hardchrome vs nitride.

H
    Click the links on the right on this page...

http://blacknitride.com/whatis.html

LWRC, POF, and many other AR manufacturers employ nitrided barrels. But the most famous nitrided barrel of all is the Glock Tenifer Barrels. Nitride is the Eco-Nazi less toxic US version of Tenifer.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Click the links on the right on this page...

http://blacknitride.com/whatis.html

LWRC, POF, and many other AR manufacturers employ nitrided barrels. But the most famous nitrided barrel of all is the Glock Tenifer Barrels. Nitride is the Eco-Nazi less toxic US version of Tenifer.
    Yes, I understand that.

What I'm interested in in A-B comparisons of hardchromed barrels vs nitrided barrels. Multiple barrels in each configuration, same firing schedules, bore scopes and quantifiable analysis of wear and damage.

The closest I've seen is this document: www.dtic.mil/cgi-bin/GetTRDoc?AD=ADA440938

But that's referencing artillery systems and tank guns. Some effects don't scale 100%.

H

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast