Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavor bullpup slated for release this year in USA

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RogerinTPA View Post
    I hope he sends out one or two to some M4C members for T&E, so they can put a few K rounds through it in some carbine courses and some type of endurance test. That AAR, in and of itself, would pay off in spades.
    Hey, I wouldn't mind being given that sort of "homework" assignment!

I am glad that the Tavor is coming to the US market, simply because I like seeing bullpups gain more traction in the US.

The more high quality choices in the bullpup market, the better...
    Last edited by DeltaSierra; 01-22-12 at 20:38.

Feedback Score
    I stopped by Mr Kassner's booth several times to handle the semi auto Tavor and learn of his plans to get these great rifles in our hands. I will purchase a Tavor as soon as I get a chance.

DR
    Really glad to be done with MSAR.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I would be interested in buying two if the price is right and there is aftermarket support.

If it is more expensive than a good AR I really don't see the point of owning one beyond possible collectors value or CDI points. There must be a supply of replacement parts.

Feedback Score
    Very very glad about this news. I just hope this project gets off the ground and doesnt fizzle due to some administrative decision. Plus I can finally stick it to those damn Canooks by showing off a 16" verson with full capacity mags while they are stuck with 10 rounders...

Feedback Score
    Very exciting news. I hope it all works out. Count me in for one after I finish my 2012 AR15 build.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fS3vHnEQXBg

Massive improvement over what Barret showed in 2002

Last edited by variablebinary; 01-22-12 at 23:48.
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    I look forward to getting one of these in lieu of the SBR my state forbids me to own. The Tavor has always seemed like a really well designed rifle and I'm happy to see it finally coming to the states.

Feedback Score
    Last edited by ChocLab; 07-13-13 at 13:30. Reason: Edit
    Realization/Goal for me, average civilian shooter: Spend at least 5 hours dry firing, drills, shooting, getting proper live instruction for every 1 hour spent surfing forums about equipment set up.

Feedback Score
    I will take 1 for the collection.

Feedback Score
    I would like to add something to what mr. Vickers reported.

The fact that IWI is willing to introduce a new version of semiauto only TAR21 is a surprising news to me.

In 2009 I wrote and published a reportage about ALL the TAR21 family for a italian national distributed gun magazine and I had the pleasure to work with the amazing guys in Ramat Hasharon.

When I exposed the market demand of assault rifle in Italy, and the fact that Italians can own semiauto, military caliber version of assault rifles, they were very surprised.

Further, I told them that we have less strict limitations about barrel lenghts than the US market (here barrel can be short up to 300 mm, less than 13" for a rifle/carbine, less if your gun is classified "handgun", with no limitation about the presence of a rifle stock).

I gave them also the right pricing (believe me, I know this market very well in Europe and even better in Europe!)

The final answer was that they were no interested anymore in producing a semiauto version.

Now they reverted their decision, at least for the US market, that in terms of figures is way far more interesting than the european market: you have the 2nd Amendament, none of the Eu countries have such a thing, in any form.

This said, I shot several mags with the X95 (the military version...) in the IWI Cesarea range, and I understood two things:

1) why I like traditional rifle design (it is only MY opinion, and it does not reflect any flaw in TAR21 design or project... just I have my own tastes)
    2) why the Israelis are training IDF rookies DIRECTLY with the new rifle, avoiding as much as possible any transition between the M16/M4 systems they have with the TAR21s.

From what has been reported to me by IDF Miluim (reserve) officers, TAR21 has an astonishing reliability record in Mid East enviroment, claiming to perform much better than the M16/M4.

just my 2 cents...
    Last edited by PaoloAR15; 01-23-12 at 08:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    In for 1. I decided to go non-bullpup last year with my allocation of fun money, but if the Tavor really happens I'd be thrilled. Per Larry's suggestion I emailed Mr. K to that affect...

cheers

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast