Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tavor bullpup slated for release this year in USA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BullittBoy View Post
    Still waiting for dealer information-who will be selling these-what distributors?
    Do they even have a factory setup yet to produce the guns? Probably get that figured out before worrying about distributors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BullittBoy View Post
    Still waiting for dealer information-who will be selling these-what distributors?
    It is still too early to say exactly who/what companies will be stocking/selling the Tavor SA. Having said that, I would imagine the "usual suspects" will participate in the program, i.e. RSR, Davidson's, Ellett, Zander's, Acusport, etc. Whether or not there will be a Dealer Direct Program in addition to a Wholesaler Program, has yet to be decided.

More details will be available soon.
    Michael Kassnar, VP of Sales & Marketing
    IWI US, Inc.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by halmbarte View Post
    The Tavor won't ever be able to compete on a price basis with ARs. There just isn't the economy of scale. Millions of AR parts get pumped out by lots of different factories, each competing on cost. They can compete on cost because they make lots and lots of parts, which means each part can be made cheaper.

Tavors aren't ever going to have that scale and won't ever be that cheap. Does that make them not as good as a AR? Depends on what your criteria for selection is.

H
    no one here is expecting them to be as cheap as ARs

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ForTehNguyen View Post
    no one here is expecting them to be as cheap as ARs
    Honestly, I am. I would buy one in a minute if it was price competitive with a good AR. The market is full of over priced 5.56 rifles like the SCAR and anything from HK. Who cares? It is very easy to build something more expensive.

Yes, the collectors and others with the EBR disease will buy some but the TAVOR is doing nothing at $2k that a quality AR is not doing at almost half that price. Even at $1800 you can have an AR with optics and possibly some training ammunition.

Ok, time to call, who here has ever taken a professional carbine class? Do you plan to take another class? Will you take a TAVOR to your next class? I think most of the guys who are all exited about a $2k TAVOR are more casual shooters who simply want a neat gun. Nothing wrong with that but lets get real on what the market really is.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Armati View Post
    Ok, time to call, who here has ever taken a professional carbine class? Do you plan to take another class? Will you take a TAVOR to your next class? I think most of the guys who are all exited about a $2k TAVOR are more casual shooters who simply want a neat gun. Nothing wrong with that but lets get real on what the market really is.
    The market is very strong for a reliable non AR 5.56 gun.

SCAR, (the then new) Steyr/sabre Aug, FS2000.

All sold for north of 1500 new.

Not everyone intends for this to replace the Colt, DD, LMT, Noveske, KAC.

This will be a fun toy that has serious uses if they wish to explore them. With the added benefit of ammo commonality.

Chris

(waiting on a different color stock myself)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Again, that is my point.

At north of $1500 it will only ever be a range toy. Guys with buy it for the CDI factor - not for serious use.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CCK View Post
    (waiting on a different color stock myself)
    What colors would you like to see? Desert Tan, Flat Dark Earth, OD Green or others?
    Michael Kassnar, VP of Sales & Marketing
    IWI US, Inc.

Feedback Score
    Again, that is my point.

At north of $1500 it will only ever be a range toy. Guys with buy it for the CDI factor - not for serious use.
    so I guess Noveske and KAC just make range toys and the IDF bought the Tavor just for looks. I think we get your point if it aint an M4 you dont want it; good for you now drive on.

As for colors... FDE please.
    Last edited by KG_mauserman; 04-08-12 at 12:26.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TWA View Post
    What colors would you like to see? Desert Tan, Flat Dark Earth, OD Green or others?
    I live and shoot in the desert. Black sucks in the summer sun. Ideally the lightest color possible. I don't know if that means tan or FDE.

Chris
    Last edited by CCK; 04-08-12 at 13:36.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    the TAVOR is doing nothing at $2k that a quality AR is not doing at almost half that price.
    Except fitting in a 27" pack without a Form 1!

Chris

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast