Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where do you guys buy ammo for classes?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Where do you guys buy ammo for classes?

Where do you guys buy ammo for classes? What do you use? I want to go to at least one class this year, but ammo is killing me. Does anywhere offer LE discounts? I'm in NorCal

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    You can contact the law enforcement division of Hornady as they offer L.E. pricing to individual officers.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltblitz View Post
    Where do you guys buy ammo for classes?
    I have had good luck with the frequent sales at Dick's Sporting goods, if you have one near you? Maybe you can use thier web site for an order? I have not ordered on line from them though. I try to avoid shipping charges where possible.

I have also gotten good prices from Walmart. I like Winchester White box, Q3131.

If you are attending a class that Grant from G. & R. Tactical would be at, if you bought from him, he would probably bring the ammo to class for you and save you shipping and tax. He is very accomodating like that.

Good luck, hope that helps.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Wal-mart white box Winchester 9mm is ~$16 for 100 a round box. Remington 55gr .223 was $6.44 last time I bought.

Those prices are among the best I found for training ammo. Yes, I paid sales tax but, I saved shipping costs.

If you are flying to a class, ammo transport could be a real problem if you can't have it drop shipped. I went to FrontSight recently and I drove in with my ammo. A few guys managed to buy ammo at the local Wal-mart but, if you have 400 people buy a 1,000 rounds at the local Wal-mart, some people are going to be short ammo.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I just shoot reloads.

Right now... if that weren't an option.. I'd buy some of the Priv M193 from GanRtactical.com. It's about the only readily available brass cased ammo under $7 per box that I can think of.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I just shot about 1K of Hunting Shack 55gr range ammo in an EAG class. Ammo was GTG. Zero issues. It took longer to arrive than originally quoted, but they were good about answering email order status questions. Price shipped for 1K was about $246, but that was ordered months ago and has gone up some since. I would and will order from them again.

-RD62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ammo is an ongoing proposition... you should be constantly on the look out for good deals and buy when you can.

If you wait until a Month before a class.. you waited to long..

That's my approach to it.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    deleted
    Last edited by Tom_Jones; 12-01-11 at 09:54.

Feedback Score
    I had pretty decent luck picking up ammo at a local Cabelas. I got Federal AE, some BH red box, and some S&B. Sometimes they run pretty good deals - I got the BH stuff in their storage boxes - basically plastic ammo cans for $100/250. Not bad for BH red box ammo.

Spooky

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by kaltblitz View Post
    Where do you guys buy ammo for classes? What do you use? I want to go to at least one class this year, but ammo is killing me. Does anywhere offer LE discounts? I'm in NorCal
    Contact the manufacturer of choice and ask for their LE distributors, then call them. They may or may not offer LE i/o pricing, it might be listed publicly or POR, and it may or may not be better pricing than what you could find bargain hunting from commercial dealers or the want ads.

I have an established minimum stock I keep, and I make periodic purchases above that for use. That way I'm never out, short, or scrambling for a class.

Buying in quantity tends to be cheaper, but buying in small amounts more often is easier on the wallet. Adding a box here and there to other purchases is a soft blow, and accumulates rounds quickly.
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast