Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger drops all 6.8 rifles

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by constructor View Post
    You mean the Freedoom Group sells the 6.8?
    I thought they dropped that ball in 06..recovered by the other team...first down!
    Like the Giants did?
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    Everything is for a legal reason with Ruger. Their god awful triggers, etc. Follow that logic and you'll understand. If they are doing it it's because they listened to some idiot attorney and went with the old chambering of the 6.8 spc instead of the Spec II chambering. Now they are scared that they sold a bunch of guns that people will put some SSA ammo into and have them blow up or cause some sort of damage. Whoever told them to go with the old chambering should be fired. People want the 6.8 but the hype and reason is because of the Spec II chambering not the one they came out with.

Feedback Score
    Big companies like to extend the throat anyway. So that is doubly the reason they should have gone SPC-II.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by blasternank View Post
    Everything is for a legal reason with Ruger.....
    I couldn't disagree more. With Ruger everything is about money. They make mediocre guns for a mass market and they make pretty good money doing it. That's their formula.

Feedback Score
    Better not let me near your circle till I sell the mini 14 ?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you own a Mini 14 you are NOT allowed to participate in this forum. Go. Git. Skat. I don't really have the authority to say that. But if I did.......

Seriously, if you want an example of Ruger not giving a rat's ass about the shooter you need look no farther than the Mini 14 / Mini 30. I have long and mostly less than satisfactory experience with Ruger. Without taking an hour to go over it again I will simply say: Ruger stinks. They evidently stink a lot less now than they used to which is good because they used to stink really bad.

I was told by a Vice President of one of the big gun companies that Ruger does not regard shooters as customers. Their customers are the big wholesalers.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 01-24-12 at 05:28.

Feedback Score
    Well that doesnt look good for my future 6.8 prospects. I really have been looking for a decent intermediate between the 5.56 and the .308, but nothing is getting any support. I guess I will just have to get a Colt 901 in .308.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Microalign View Post
    Well that doesnt look good for my future 6.8 prospects. I really have been looking for a decent intermediate between the 5.56 and the .308, but nothing is getting any support. I guess I will just have to get a Colt 901 in .308.
    You do realize this is only one manufacturer, with a small selection of offerings with mediocre specs (hence the poor sales of Ruger 6.8 rifles.) There are still a bunch of 6.8 vendors with great products available.
    Colt SP6920, LE6920, 6720
    BCM Lower/ARP 6.8SPC upper for hog hunting
    DD M4V5 clone, Troy 5.56 Carbine, S&W M&P10
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 16" middie CHF upper
    PSA Lower/BCM LW 14.5" middie upper
    2 PSA 18"6.8 rifles, PSA 20" M16A4 clone
    Remington 870, Remington 700VTR
    SA XDm9, XDm9C, , XD9SC S&W 1911
    Ruger GP100, Hawkeye77 Compact 6.8SPC
    Kel-Tec KSG, Marlin 336 30-30, HK 45C, VP9
    Sig 1911 Tacops, Scorpion 1911, M11A1, P226 Mk25

Feedback Score
    The barrel was hammer-forged, which a lot of people think is good. It was quite possible the single best 6.8 SPC barrel made. No one bothered to test it though.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    The barrel was hammer-forged, which a lot of people think is good. It was quite possible the single best 6.8 SPC barrel made. No one bothered to test it though.
    Did you test whether it was the 'single best 6.8 SPC barrel made', or is this just more speculation by a guy that has a financial interest in this cartridge not doing well.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast