Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
Yes. The reaction rod allows cranking hard on the barrel nut without having to watch that troublesome receiver deformation.
This.

Yea, I'm sure Noveske will figure out exactly what the issue is and let me know. I'm REALLY glad we're talking about Noveske and not say Troy or MI here, I'd be slightly worried then. No particular offense to those companies, but I think we can be honest about who is best prepared to diagnose an assembly issue.

... I don't know about my upper being out of spec, maybe. It's a keyhole I got out of BCM, and this is the fourth rail I've had on it. For what it's worth between the DD RIS II, DD OmegaX, Rainier EVO, and the Noveske, there is no comparison at all. This is by far my favorite and likely the one I'll actually keep.

Glad I decided not to mill in the index pin on this upper before I got everything fit up first. Oh well, I have some time before I'll need the gun back.

So far with Noveske's serivce, I've absolutely decided to run a 7" NSR on an 8.2" 300blk! ... Also to buy a Gieselle reaction rod, I was watching my receiver flex WAY too much!!!