Page 109 of 139 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1387

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Brahmzy,

Enjoy new ideas. Just two thoughts:
    1. Is there enough room between the screws? Don't know if you have as much room there as you do between two Keymod slots like Noveske's current QD mount.
    2. Slings get tensioned. Aren't we attaching our sling mount directly to our barrel nut?
    Yes, I was going completely on memory yesterday, LOL. After I decided to actually LOOK at the screw location spacing last night, the mount would have to look something like this (and it be VERY close - JUST enough room I think to sneak the screws next to the QD ring):

As far as putting a sling mount there? The NSR barrel nut system is so freaking solid, I wouldn't think twice - and think of how every other rail mounts - to the barrel nut. So the near-receiver integrated mounts on every other rail are putting just as much pressure, make that MORE pressure on the barrel nut.

Anyway, I'll quit cluttering up the thread with my MS Paint drawings, LOL! I think the brains at Noveske have probably already thought of this before the NSR was ever released and shitcanned the idea, or have something in the works, or think the existing KeyMod QD mount is sufficient. They get the idea.
    Last edited by Brahmzy; 02-23-13 at 11:58.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    Hmac,

You are welcome to borrow my crow's foot
    Just ship her back when done.

-Jax
    Thank you for the generous offer. My son has a complete set of SnapOn crowfoots. If his won't work, I'll PM you. Thanks again.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hmac View Post
    Thank you for the generous offer. My son has a complete set of SnapOn crowfoots. If his won't work, I'll PM you. Thanks again.
    You bet

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by nml View Post
    Slings get tensioned. Aren't we attaching our sling mount directly to our barrel nut?
    Yes, directly rather than indirectly as it would screw directly into the barrel nut rather than attach to the rail which is in turn attached to the barrel nut. It would also be a short lever instead of a long lever and thus less likely to exert force on the barrel nut.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    Yes, I was going completely on memory yesterday, LOL. After I decided to actually LOOK at the screw location spacing last night, the mount would have to look something like this (and it be VERY close - JUST enough room I think to sneak the screws next to the QD ring):

As far as putting a sling mount there? The NSR barrel nut system is so freaking solid, I wouldn't think twice - and think of how every other rail mounts - to the barrel nut. So the near-receiver integrated mounts on every other rail are putting just as much pressure, make that MORE pressure on the barrel nut.

Anyway, I'll quit cluttering up the thread with my MS Paint drawings, LOL! I think the brains at Noveske have probably already thought of this before the NSR was ever released and shitcanned the idea, or have something in the works, or think the existing KeyMod QD mount is sufficient. They get the idea.
    Interestingly, I just discovered that the holes in the IWC QD micro mount align perfectly with the NSR barrel nut holes. The IWC QD holes are smaller, so the NSR screws don't fit through. It is close though (sorry, no pics at the moment). (IWC QD micro mount)

Depending on how IWC produces their micro QD mounts, it could be a very simple change that would really only require leaving some extra room to make larger diameter holes for the NSR screws to pass through.

Feedback Score
    I sent a product request with a link to this thread to IWC. We'll see if they respond. Done correctly, I know this would sell.

Feedback Score
    62 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    I sent a product request with a link to this thread to IWC. We'll see if they respond. Done correctly, I know this would sell.
    I have already contacted Noveske with my idea. We will see what happens.
    a former meatpuppet.

http://sixty-six.org

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by panzerr View Post
    I have already contacted Noveske with my idea. We will see what happens.
    That would rock if they fast-tracked something in this climate.

Great idea and I will buy a bunch!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Sounds like a great idea, mounting the sling QD to the barrel nut. Likely securing it to the rail itself with Noveske's keymod device will work fine too-I use an IWC mounted to the carbine-length MOE on one of my rifles and that's worked fine in relatively hard use.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    My 13.5 NSR on my new 14.5" Middy build:

"The future's uncertain, and the end is always near." Jim Morrison

"Fortuitous outcomes reinforce poor training and tactics"

Page 109 of 139 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast