Page 121 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,210 of 1387

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
    Is there still no word on anyone putting out a VFG for the NSR?
    I'm also curious.
    A keymod style TangoDown short VFG would be awesome.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by banjo View Post
    I'm also curious.
    A keymod style TangoDown short VFG would be awesome.
    This. I'd buy 2 today. Right now, I've got 2 TD Stubby's attached via MagPul MOE Rail sections. It works, but a fully-contoured Stubby VFG would be awesome - JUST like the Stubby TD - Nice a light, with the same shape/length/grip.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post
    This. I'd buy 2 today. Right now, I've got 2 TD Stubby's attached via MagPul MOE Rail sections. It works, but a fully-contoured Stubby VFG would be awesome - JUST like the Stubby TD - Nice a light, with the same shape/length/grip.
    Funny you mention this. I need to install a rail at the back of my panel section for a QD TD stubby until they [hopefully] make a keymod specific one. I've seen how the MOE rail section looked with the MOE vfg on it, but what about the TD? Does the TD have a gap between it and the handguard when using the NSR rail section, and the MOE rail section doesn't?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Funny you mention this. I need to install a rail at the back of my panel section for a QD TD stubby until they [hopefully] make a keymod specific one. I've seen how the MOE rail section looked with the MOE vfg on it, but what about the TD? Does the TD have a gap between it and the handguard when using the NSR rail section, and the MOE rail section doesn't?
    Hope these help - it's a nice, comfortable transition with the bevel and perfect amount of slots.

Last edited by Brahmzy; 04-20-13 at 17:54.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Thats exactly what I was wondering about. Thanks man.

I'll have to get one and see about working the panels around it.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScatmanCrothers View Post
    Thats exactly what I was wondering about. Thanks man.

I'll have to get one and see about working the panels around it.
    The panels will sit flush with the MOE rail. You have some play obviously with where you want to lock it down. Forward portion of the slot to the rear. Install your panels first after deciding where you want the grip on the NSR. Mount the rail and if I can remember right if you pull the rail as far back to the rear in the 2 slots that it is mounted on it will be flush. Make sense?

I have the same setup as Brahmzy but I I have the panels and my TD stubby doesn't have the ADM mount. Will post pics tomorrow.

-Jax

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaxman7 View Post
    The panels will sit flush with the MOE rail. You have some play obviously with where you want to lock it down. Forward portion of the slot to the rear. Install your panels first after deciding where you want the grip on the NSR. Mount the rail and if I can remember right if you pull the rail as far back to the rear in the 2 slots that it is mounted on it will be flush. Make sense?

I have the same setup as Brahmzy but I I have the panels and my TD stubby doesn't have the ADM mount. Will post pics tomorrow.

-Jax
    Yeah, I follow. I think the MOE rail not being constricted by the keymod slots is definitely an advantage.

I actually notched out one of the single panel pieces (non-locking piece) for a 4 slot NSR rail, and the rail itself locks the piece in tight at the end of the panel section. I wasn't a fan of the 1 keyhole gap between the end of the panel and the end of the NSR rail. I'll post pictures of my hackjob later today (actually turned out well).

I won't be able to mount the stubby to it until I get home next weekend but i think it could work if the NSR rail doesn't make it sit out too far from the NSR itself. Just sounds like the MOE rail is a better solution; I'd be interested in seeing pics of your setup.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    A little more of a gap than I remembered but all you have to do is loosen up the mounting screws and push it forward a little. I would recommend keeping the MOE panel to the rear most part of the slots it is mounted on.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

"Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    Nice setup Jax - I need to give those panels another try.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Appreciate that Brahmzy! Yeah this is hands down my favorite rifle I have ever owned.

-Jax

-Ryan Job

Page 121 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2171111119120121122123131 ... LastLast