Page 129 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast
Results 1,281 to 1,290 of 1387

Thread: New Noveske NSR rail!

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    My barrel nut did rotate a bit, I thought about drilling he upper, but before doing that we torqued it down again with a bit of red loctite and its been solid since. Ill see how bad the loctite is when it comes time to change the barrel but that's a ways off.

Bottom line is the NSR is solid and helped me save a ton of weight while increasing capability of the rifle.

As of the BCM rail ill probably buy one as I'm betting BCM will be selling a 14.5 middy LW upper with it - and that's my next wanted setup to try. .
    What was it torqued to during the initial install? How far did it back off and under what kind of conditions?
    Are you particularly hard on your rifles? Also how did you notice it rotated? I'm assuming the alignment of the top rail was a good indication.
    And lastly what kind if set up are you running, manufactures and what not.

I'm sorry for the battery of questions. Just a concern with such a light part rattling off.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wilson1911 View Post
    [/URL][/IMG]
    How do you like the KAC thumb rest?
    Quote Originally Posted by skd_tactical View Post
    It's a shot in the dark ... I have a better chance of guessing when my wife will be mad for no reason.
    "If your not using an aimpoint, you need to take a ****ing piss test." -LAV

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jsop View Post
    What was it torqued to during the initial install? How far did it back off and under what kind of conditions?
    Are you particularly hard on your rifles? Also how did you notice it rotated? I'm assuming the alignment of the top rail was a good indication.
    And lastly what kind if set up are you running, manufactures and what not.

I'm sorry for the battery of questions. Just a concern with such a light part rattling off.
    The ft/lbs was within the spec, definitely higher than the min recommended.

The rail rotated less than 1/16 inch off center as seen from top rail.

I guess I'm rough, I've been shooting a lot of rapid fire strings while gripping rail hard.

Rail only has the following on it:
    NSR QD mount (left side)
    Surefire Fury
    Troy front BUIS

Gun is original full NOVESKE from 2009. beore the NSR It had the Noveske SWS rail with same type of BBL nut (and no pin) which gave me ZERO problems. I just think maybe this was a fluke that the NSR bbl nut rotated.

I'm happy now.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by grunz View Post
    The ft/lbs was within the spec, definitely higher than the min recommended.

The rail rotated less than 1/16 inch off center as seen from top rail.

I guess I'm rough, I've been shooting a lot of rapid fire strings while gripping rail hard.

Rail only has the following on it:
    NSR QD mount (left side)
    Surefire Fury
    Troy front BUIS

Gun is original full NOVESKE from 2009. beore the NSR It had the Noveske SWS rail with same type of BBL nut (and no pin) which gave me ZERO problems. I just think maybe this was a fluke that the NSR bbl nut rotated.

I'm happy now.
    Was a torque wrench used for the install?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Sent in a Noveske MUR back to Vltor for warranty service. I got the upper back in record time. I had to disassemble and reassemble the upper for the customer.

Disclosure: I'm a dealer/owner of an online firearms accessories store.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    So odd question. The place where I'm about to order my NSR from only has the tan rail covers in stock. Can they be dyed black or is it some material unlike what Magpul uses?
    Also am I going to need to buy two sets to properly cover both sides? Seems like the math doesn't add up on that one.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    So odd question. The place where I'm about to order my NSR from only has the tan rail covers in stock. Can they be dyed black or is it some material unlike what Magpul uses?
    Also am I going to need to buy two sets to properly cover both sides? Seems like the math doesn't add up on that one.
    Just krylon them? And yes you'll need two depending on how much of the rail you want to cover.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Just get black ones. I've seen them in stock in multiple spots

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    It depends on the length of the rail you have. I used about 2 and a half packages to cover my 13.5" NSR

This is my kid shooting it. As you can see I'm not using any where the afg is, but I have some in front of and behind it. Magpul ladder rail cover on the top

Last edited by madisonsfinest; 08-08-13 at 19:18.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by madisonsfinest View Post
    It depends on the length of the rail you have. I used about 2 and a half packages to cover my 13.5" NSR

This is my kid shooting it. As you can see I'm not using any where the afg is, but I have some in front of and behind it. Magpul ladder rail cover on the top

That looks pretty good. I just want to protect my hands and add some grip to it. How's that AFG mounted?

Page 129 of 139 FirstFirst ... 2979119127128129130131 ... LastLast